sweet almond & avocado oils

Options
RAC56
RAC56 Posts: 433 Member
Hi folks,
I've never tried these and would like to add them to my diet. For those of you who have used these oils, can you please recommend some good brands? Thanks
Renee

Replies

• tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    I get my avocado oil at costco, it's Chosen Foods brand...love it!
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    Primal Kitchen (online) is always a good bet. The Avocado oil I've used comes from Walmart, but is a recognizable brand (I don't recall offhand). I've never used "sweet almond oil." I have, however seen Black Walnut oil and more exotic oils at Walmart and Target, depending on the size of the store... I know Kasandrinos Olive Oil is a reputable brand, and others here can offer you others as well.
  • pacific904
    pacific904 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I take two tabs of olive oil a day - was told to watch that it is not a mix of oils from various countries. I have found in Traders Joe a Tunisian organic extra virgin unfiltered Chetoui olive oil. Very palatable.
  • RAC56
    Options
    I think Whole Foods 365 olive oil is the best I've ever tasted, but I'm new to trying avocado & almond oils. Thanks for the replies. Much appreciated. :)
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    Avocado Oil-Chosen Foods Avocado Oil is good from the perspective that it has very little flavor so it doesn't alter the taste of food you are adding it to. I've used Ciuti also. It has a little more flavor though tastes nothing like Avocados. The HomeGoods store in our area seems to frequently have Avocado Oil at reasonable prices.

I've never tried Almond Oil. La Tourangelle oils can be found in many supermarkets and all I have tried were very good. I currently have La Tourangelle Roasted Walnut Oil which is really tasty AND it taste's like walnuts!
  • WG_Keto
    WG_Keto Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I get the Avacado oil from Publix (don't know the brand but they only have like 2). Very good to add healthy level of fat. Plus I'm allergic to coconut so that's out of the question.
  • RAC56
    Options
    kpk54 wrote: »
    Avocado Oil-Chosen Foods Avocado Oil is good from the perspective that it has very little flavor so it doesn't alter the taste of food you are adding it to. I've used Ciuti also. It has a little more flavor though tastes nothing like Avocados. The HomeGoods store in our area seems to frequently have Avocado Oil at reasonable prices.

I've never tried Almond Oil. La Tourangelle oils can be found in many supermarkets and all I have tried were very good. I currently have La Tourangelle Roasted Walnut Oil which is really tasty AND it taste's like walnuts!

Mmmm…..I think that roasted walnut oil is calling my name, lol.
  • kimberwolf71
    kimberwolf71 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I have only used Chosen Foods Avocado Oil. Costco carries it (in Canada anyway) I prefer it way more than any EVOO I have ever tried.

I've picked up some almond oil at a specialty store that feature infused oils and vinegars. It's nice too but more expensive given it came from a specialty shop. EVOOlution is one of the store names but I doubt that is an actual brand
  • suzc11
    suzc11 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Walnut oil and lemon on salad is the best! If you find it too strong, go half&half with olive oil. Drizzle it over and avocado and it's amazing.
  • RAC56
    Options
    So many good replies, thank you all. :)