Breakfast idea

Options

Replies

• RoosterDJC
    RoosterDJC Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Toasted slice of keto bread from KetoConnect website with butter or Justins peanut butter. And of course a couple cups of coffee with cream.
  • nikoba
    nikoba Posts: 291 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Some days I'm good with just coffee/cream...other days I want to eat. I like making egg bakes...then breakfast is done for the week & you can even freeze portions if you like. It's an easy way for me to get my veggies/protein/fat in an easy convenience meal.

My favorite is sauted greens (spinach/kale), a bit of basil, one green onion, 4 oz feta, 8 oz mozzarella, all mixed in with a dozen beaten eggs. Bake at 350 until lightly gold on top...maybe 40ish minutes.
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    I looked at my diary after posting yesterday's breakfast, curious to see what I "usually" have for breakfast. Turns out 50% of my February days were coffee/cream. I also have a dose of MCT Oil for "my protocol" which is irrelevant to the masses. Other entries (excluding my daily coffee):

eggs
    eggs, bacon grease
    eggs, bacon
    bacon
    eggs, butter
    boullion, butter
    almonds, coconut
    avocado, eggs
    eggs, tomato
    avocado

Uninspiring for sure.

• 2Luverly
    2Luverly Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Work week: Hard boiled egg and coffee for me usually with possibly late morning addition of a cheese stick. Some days I do a 2 minute coconut flour bread. It really isn't much of a "bread" - certainly eggy. I got the recipe here: http://elowcarbfoodlist.org/2-minute-coconut-flour-bread/ VERY EASY and in my opinion is a good base. I've added cheese, chopped pepperoni, tobasco etc. to make it more interesting.

Weekends: Eggs fried or scambled in coconut oil with bacon (pork strip bacon or peameal bacon or chicken bacon).
  • swezeytba
    swezeytba Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    baconslave wrote: »
    Kevlar coffee... I couldn't get the latter to catch on despite it's brilliance. :smirk:

I love it.....I'll try to help you in your endeavor! :)
  • Bonny132
    Bonny132 Posts: 3,617 Member
    Options
    I do IF so hardly eat before lunch, but if I do eat breakfast, it is normally a breakfast muffin (small muffin tray, I may or may not line each muffin with bacon, ham or other meats) I whisk up eggs, a little bit of cheese, left over steamed veg if I have any, herbs and spices, sometimes I chop up some panchetta to mix in too. I pour the mix into my muffin tins, top with more grated cheese, put them in the oven for about 20-25mins on medium to high heat, middle shelf. Makes for great breakfast or lunches, a snack on the go etc also warms up nicely if you want to nuke them at work. For lunch I happily eat a few of these and a salad.

At weekends, I will have good quality chippolata sausages, bacon, mushrooms, eggs, blackpudding and maybe a grilled tomato or poached eggs and smoked haddock. Other times smoked salmon and scrambled eggs.
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,419 Member
    Options
    I personally don't eat breakfast except rare occasion and I only eat eggs and meat.
    But a friend of mine shared this "cereal" she said was really good.
    Thought you all might like it.
    byqipof5g7pg.jpg

Oh I like this idea! I sometimes have pecans with full fat cottage cheese and some berries. This would be nice with it too!
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,419 Member
    Options
    This week I did an egg bake and it's so good. No real recipe I just threw everything together and baked it at 350 for 30 minutes.

Sauteed zucchini (I think I put in about a cup, maybe a little more) I sauteed it in butter with garlic powder, cumin, season salt and pepper
    8 slices of bacon nice and crispy
    8 whole eggs beaten with salt and pepper
    about 1 cup of shredded sharp cheddar cheese

I put the zucchini, bacon and cheese in the bottom of the dish and poured the egg over it and baked away...super easy :)

This is for 4 servings, I froze some for later in the week. :)

• cstehansen
    cstehansen Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    Personally, I rarely eat breakfast anymore just because I am not hungry. However, that said, there is no reason to limit yourself to what is traditionally considered a breakfast food. Heating up a left over pork chop or steak or whatever else you had for dinner the night before is a great option.

It has been less than 100 years that bacon first became a breakfast food through a marketing campaign. Most cereals weren't invented until the 20th century also. If you go back a couple hundred years (or a couple thousand), there was no such thing as a "breakfast food" but just food.
  • swezeytba
    swezeytba Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    I personally don't eat breakfast except rare occasion and I only eat eggs and meat.
    byqipof5g7pg.jpg

That looks amazing....Now that's a cereal I could eat! :)
  • nikoba
    nikoba Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    O.m.geeeee! I made that pecan cereal tonight and it was awesome. This could be trouble.
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    nikoba wrote: »
    O.m.geeeee! I made that pecan cereal tonight and it was awesome. This could be trouble.

I made one very similar once. It was trouble. :(
  • Midnightgypsy0
    Midnightgypsy0 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Pecan cereal looks delicious, but wouldn't it be quite high in calories?
    I'd only be able to eat a handful...
    Lots of good fats in nuts though...

Generally for breakfast I do IF and Black coffee on work days. Eat lunch at 11.
    Weekends I do up a bacon-mushroom-spinach-onion-swiss 2 egg omelette or similar and skip lunch.
  • pessxx
    pessxx Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    Same here : breakfast cofee with or without whipped cream and with or without coconut oil, after this 2 meals, lunch and dinner, no snacks
  • pdxhak
    pdxhak Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I had a protein pancake. Today I had two soft boiled eggs with an avocado. I normally do not eat in the morning but the last 2 days was hungry and did not feel like waiting until noon.
  • XavierNusum
    XavierNusum Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    byqipof5g7pg.jpg

OMG I died and went to heaven! Even though as an adult I rarely drink milk, I do get a hankering for cereal now and again, this looks ultra yum!

My 2 cents is I have coffee + HWC + sweet drops caramel for breakfast most mornings. But probably my wife's most creative breakfast invention was a breakfast scramble with squash instead of potatoes, came out awesome!
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    I usually have a few coffees, usually with a tablespoon of coconut cream or a teaspoon of coconut oil. Whipped cream too when I am not trying to lose.

My first "meal" of the day seems to be around 2pm on most days.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    Today I was actually hungry within just a few hours of waking so I had some leftover meatloaf thing I made that was stuffed with mozzarella, asiago and Parmesan cheese and seasoned with an Italian spice blend and pink salt. I topped it with a runny fried egg for good measure and had my normal coffee with a splash of half n half.
    I've been out of my C8 MCT oil and I kinda miss it... that and usually black coffee is my typical breakfast.
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    Today I was actually hungry within just a few hours of waking so I had some leftover meatloaf thing I made that was stuffed with mozzarella, asiago and Parmesan cheese and seasoned with an Italian spice blend and pink salt. I topped it with a runny fried egg for good measure and had my normal coffee with a splash of half n half.
    I've been out of my C8 MCT oil and I kinda miss it... that and usually black coffee is my typical breakfast.

That sounds incredible!

I was hungry early this morning too. I didn't have anything nearly as delicious...I had string cheese :lol: