Sugar addiction

Options
K8thegreat143
K8thegreat143 Posts: 2 Member
I find myself always fighting the urge to eat some form of sugar. Sometimes a Snickers bar sometimes a biscuit. It irritates me that it has such a hold on me. I'm trying to use stevia as I've read all kinds of bad things about the stuff in the pink, yellow and blue packets. Anyone else finding this daily struggle exhausting???

Replies

• csue1970
    csue1970 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I fight this struggle DAILY. I had sleeve surgery a year ago and I do overindulge in sweets especially the past few weeks. My bariatric dietitian has told me to allow myself a very small amount once a week, as in half of a snack cake, one cookie, a hershey miniature, etc. and let that be your "cheat". That may be enough to curb your cravings. She also gave me a specific plan of exactly what I need and when I need it. I have posted that all over. The refrigerator, the pantry, at work, etc. I want to constantly be reminded of what my parameters are because I did fall off track. But I'm on again and I'll support you any way I can!! I will even share my food diary if you are interested (keep in mind, this is the second day I've been on track) but the plan is there if you'd like to see it. Every surgeon/hospital is different though so please check with them before you do anything!!
  • eewb42
    eewb42 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I hope this group is still active, because I too have the "sleeve" 2 1/2 years ago and currently fighting the weight gain. I never reached my goal weight; however, it is still attainable seeing that it is only 18lbs away. Would love some ideas and tips on how to jump start weight loss again. Seems like my body has gotten use to the new stomach and I am no longer losing and starting to see my weight creep up again which is sooooo scary.
  • cdplatt1965
    cdplatt1965 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am now 3 years out. I had some other health issues come up and when they did so did all my old bad habits. Grazing all the time but more at night. I caved in to my sugar addiction as well and I am diabetic so not good. I lost 25 lb before surgery so after surgery I lost 70lbs and over the last year I have gained all my weight back. I felt like a failure and started getting my old health problems back. I went and see the surgeon, Dietician and diabetic doctor last week and they all have started the ball rolling again. I never feel hungry I just eat to eat and I to have a big sweet tooth :( But I have staid on track now for a week and I have a 9lb loss for the week. It's been hard to stay on track because of cravings. My wife picked me up some sugar free Jell-O and some cool whip and that helps with the sweet tooth. She also has stopped bringing me junk and tells me no now and I have been pretty good about not being an *kitten* and throwing a fit when she tells me no so we are both working on my bad habits.
    One thing I have done in the past to get on track is to do the 5day pouch test http://www.5daypouchtest.com/index.html and it seems to help to restart your self. This time I just cut my portion size and stopped all junk food. Hope my post helps some one and I to hope this group is still alive and will pick up some more members.

Chuck