What program or routine is everyone doing?

Options
2»

Replies

• DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    Which part do you not understand? Particular exercises?
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    MissyK222 wrote: »
    What is the strong curves program? I pulled down the PDF of the schedule but I don't quite understand it.

The PDF is a template of all the exercises. You may want to purchase the book where he gives you details.. how to set up the program, warm-up, mobility, substitutions, diet/macro recommendations, etc. I highly recommend the book. It is the best fitness purchase I ever made :)
  • MissyK222
    MissyK222 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    sardelsa wrote: »
    What is the strong curves program? I pulled down the PDF of the schedule but I don't quite understand it.

The PDF is a template of all the exercises. You may want to purchase the book where he gives you details.. how to set up the program, warm-up, mobility, substitutions, diet/macro recommendations, etc. I highly recommend the book. It is the best fitness purchase I ever made :)

oh okay I will have to order it then. Thanks! :smile:
  • MissyK222
    MissyK222 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Do you ladies do Cardio the same days as lifting? if so do you do cardio before or after?
  • bizgirl26
    bizgirl26 Posts: 1,808 Member
    Options
    Strong Curves and I usually do 20 minutes of cardio but I am still in the losing weight stage
  • SalinitySally
    SalinitySally Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I'm old and have been lifting for eons. Had some life issues and a bad health scare last year and lost some weight and now I'm serious about getting fit again.

Right now I work out six days/week. I do 45 min to an hour on an incline treadmill after each lifting session. Day 1: bench 5 sets, maxing at 155lbs; dumbbell curls 3 sets 20lbs; dumbbell tricep extensions 45lbs. Day 2: leg press on sled 3 sets max at 270; leg curls on seated stack plate 3 sets max 85. (No extensions until my right knee stops bugging me.); deadlifts 3 sets 35lbs. Day 3: seated flyes, 3 sets 12.5lbs; dumbbell shoulder press, 3 sets 20lbs; seated bent-arm lateral raises, 3 sets 12.5lbs; cable rows, 3 sets max 80 if I can get near the bro-covered equipment. Repeat.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Do you ladies do Cardio the same days as lifting? if so do you do cardio before or after?

Some people like to do a bit of warm up before lifting, and a bit after. But as long as it isn't affecting your lifting you can do it whenever you want.
  • jruck371
    jruck371 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Strong Curves and I love it! After a year maintaining at 137lbs I have dropped down to 130 lbs in 9 weeks, gone down an inch in my booty (38") and waist (26.5 ") :)
  • motherofdragons84
    motherofdragons84 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    lovtolaff wrote: »
    Hi all. Are you following a certain program? Are you doing your own routine? I'd love to know. I've done some of the NROLFW, Stronglifts and my own routine. I'm in a rut - would love to see what others are following.

P.S. If you are doing your own routine, can you list your workout and which lifts you are doing? If you've done several lifting programs, can you say which one you prefer?
    Thanks so much!

I don't follow a program. I currently do CrossFit 3 - 4 times a week. I like it because every day is different and there's a lot of focus on Olympic lifts.
  • l3long
    l3long Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Right now I run M, W, F, do strength training T, TH and swim Saturday

The program for strength training is determined by the small group personal trainer who runs the group I attend T, TH. The last 6 weeks were pure strength training with a 5-10 min cardio workup and a 5-10 min cardio cool down. We are starting a new 6 week session this Tuesday and apparently it will alternate strenght and cardio in aninterval program.