Facebook Group - Lonely and losing weight

Options
Does anyone know of a Facebook support group for 300+ or would be interested in joining one if I started? I stay more motivated when I keep my goals in front of me. I've felt lonely lately and really wanting to connect with people going through the same things I am. MFP format is difficult to share pictures and make these connections.

Replies

• Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    Do you use whatspp?
  • HLaR79
    HLaR79 Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    If there was a forum off mfp but not on facebook i would be interested...
    I have to many issues with people on my facebook to share anything real. But i like to see all the pics of my family and see all the drama lol. I have 2 real life friends who also use mfp and they are not my friends on here because then i would be too gaurded. Im far more real with a room full of strangers... Kinda sad.
  • annalisa2662
    annalisa2662 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I don't use whatsapp and you can make groups private and closed on facebook so your friends and family don't see your activity.
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    I have one fitness group I am a part of in whatsapp cuz it is easy to use from the phone when not at home...
    That is why I asked.
  • crochetkeepsmehappy
    Options
    I would join :)
  • asrai50
    asrai50 Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    Sure..I would too. I honestly see feeds more often in my FB than I do check them on here...
  • eatsleepmove
    eatsleepmove Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'd join as well. If you want to start one, let us know when you do.
  • alexnkae2012
    alexnkae2012 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I would join too :)
  • sarahyourprincess
    sarahyourprincess Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I would love a fb group
  • eatsleepmove
    Options
    If annalisa2662 doesn't respond in a few days, does anyone else want to start the group? I can start one if need be. It really would be awesome to have a small group of people who get what it's like to be at this weight.
  • turntechBiologist
    turntechBiologist Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I would join if a FB group was made :smile:
  • annalisa2662
    Options
    I'll make one. Awesomeness
  • annalisa2662
    Options
    Name suggestions?
  • eatsleepmove
    Options
    I suppose the name could be something similar to what we're all used to seeing--something like "My journey to..." or "Escape from... or "From (blank) to (blank)..." Hopefully someone can come up with something more creative, but we can always fall back on one of those for now and change it later.
  • annalisa2662
    Options
    Losing Is Winning Weight-loss Team is the name of the facebook group. It's currently public but I will make it private when you all are able to find it.
  • eatsleepmove
    Options
    Here's the direct link to the group:

https://facebook.com/groups/1766264033691936/

Anna, can you change the title to "Losing Is Winning Weight Loss Team"? No hyphen is needed.
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    May I suggest you make it a secret group, if you guys are concerned about it leaking into your personal lives.
  • annalisa2662
    Options
    I made it a closed group. You have to be approved to join but no one outside the group can see it's content
  • MissBecca145
    MissBecca145 Posts: 149 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I'll join given that it's private. I don't post about my weight/weight loss/anything like that at all on FB. I only have one IRL friend on here. I get a bit antsy about my privacy and what not (exhibit A an emoji over my face on here - which is ridiculous, my face is the only part of me I like!! :D ). I guess it's because I have a sort of public facing job/people have occasion to google me sometimes.

Wow, that made me sound like a legit knob. Apologies! Haha.

So yeah if I suddenly disappear or something just know that I'm having a weird 'eeehhhh prriiivvaaccyyyy' anxiety moment.
  • MissBecca145
    MissBecca145 Posts: 149 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    In fact I'd even go so far as to suggest making it a 'secret' group (which means your friends can't see the member list, from memory - I think they currently can). But no biggie if not.