Hybrid diets/exercise

Options
lizzue
lizzue Posts: 276 Member
Hi UK guys!

I'm from bristol and been dipping in and out of this site for YEARS! In 2012 I got sooo close to Onderland (5lbs away) and then lost complete direction with exercise/eating healthy and now trying to find my mojo again.

So I am following the recipes from Joe Wicks (The Diet Coach) and doing Insanity. My question is does anyone else select different things from different people to make it work for them?

I like Insanity it makes me work as hard but for longer then Joe Wicks, plus its a little more structured... I know exactly what I am doing on what day.

Joe Wicks food is just amazing - seems to have a basis in Slimming World but I never got to grips with SW's point and different green or red days.

Whats your views guys? Love to hear from you!

Liz x

Replies

• sussexbythesea
    sussexbythesea Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    I have never been on a diet plan I just changed my whole attitude to eating, smaller portions mainly cooking from scratch. This helped my partner turn back type 2 diabetes as well. I do have a favourite cook book though. ..Hairy dieters as the spicy meaty recipes appeal to both of us. No excercise apart from daily health walks. I have been maintaining for 3 years now diary open.
  • marvelboy11
    marvelboy11 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I've heard great stuff about him. I've followed his snapchat account for awhile.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    i have done insanity, P90X3, i run, cycle, do weights, bodyweight exercises... i watch my weekly calorie goal using IIFYM... whatever works that keeps you consistent in a deficit!
  • derek9964
    derek9964 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Do home workouts as well gym. I like the active sport personnel trainer 2
  • DarrelBirkett
    DarrelBirkett Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Just cooked two of Joe Wicks things this week. His lean in 15 book his has some excellent stuff in it, though training I generally do my own thing.
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    As for as losing weight goes; 'CICO' all the way for me.

Of course the trick is learning which bits of 'calories in' work for you and which bits of 'calories out' do.

That's down to individual psyche, so I wouldn't be limited by a specific plan.

Normally I would have a reasonable structure of exercise - for instance going on a running club run on the days they have specific ones, weights every other day etc.