Pancake Day!

Options
Lois_1989
Lois_1989 Posts: 6,410 Member
Hi Guys,

So, it's Pancake Day tomorrow and I was wondering if anyone had any amazing low-carb substitutes? Toppings and all!

Thank you!

Replies

• JessicaMcB
    JessicaMcB Posts: 1,503 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I made these babies on Friday.

-20g protein powder (I used Combat Cookies N Cream because everything else is gone)
    -5g butter
    -14g coconut flour
    -1 egg
    -1g chia seeds

Combine dry, combine wet, integrate together. Fry up on a dry griddle.Topped with Walden Farms SF syrup and 19g of raspberries.

• Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,410 Member
    Options
    Oooh I hadn't thought of using chia seeds, thank you :smile:
  • bowlerae
    bowlerae Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    I've made I've Breathe I'm Hungry low carb cream cheese pancakes the past 2 weekends. I think they are really good. I took a commenter's suggestion and added a pinch of salt and coconut flour.
  • pdxhak
    pdxhak Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I posted this in the low carb food thread :)

Low carb post workout breakfast

Pancake mix: 1 scoop vanilla whey protein, 1 egg, dash of cinnamon and vanilla extract, couple of ounces of water and half and half. Topped with 4 raspberries, few slices of banana and sugar free maple syrup.

3dc9l0m0e0jn.jpg
  • kimberwolf71
    kimberwolf71 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    JessicaMcB wrote: »

-20g protein powder (I used Combat Cookies N Cream because everything else is gone)
    -5g butter
    -14g coconut flour
    -1 egg
    -1g chia seeds

Combine dry, combine wet, integrate together. Fry up on a dry griddle.Topped with Walden Farms SF syrup and 19g of raspberries.

Thank you for posting a picture! I never would have thought this combination would come out fluffy!!
  • JessicaMcB
    JessicaMcB Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    JessicaMcB wrote: »

-5g butter
    -14g coconut flour
    -1 egg
    -1g chia seeds

Thank you for posting a picture! I never would have thought this combination would come out fluffy!!

No problem, between my pancakes, my flax bread and my protein ice cream I confuse the hell out of people because "that isn't low carb!!!" ;)
  • 2t9nty
    2t9nty Posts: 1,609 Member
    Options
    I will be attending the Shrove Tuesday Pancake Supper at church. I will just be eating the sausage.
  • BishopLord
    BishopLord Posts: 55 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I found this on Youtube. It can be used for biscuits, pancakes, and my favorite, pizza crust :smile:

1 cup plus 2 Tablespoons of Almond flour
    1 tsp Aluminum Free Baking Powder
    0.5 tsp Sea Salt
    2 Tablespoons cold Grass Fed Butter
    ¾ cup egg whites (or 3 large whole eggs - this will make the biscuits more yellow)

Nutrition at 4 servings/batch = Calories 223, Carbs 7, Fat 20, Protein 9, Sodium 550, Sugar 1.
    (Nutritional value depends on which brand of almond flour you use, note the missing fiber.)

Note - add 1/2 banana for sweeter flavor, and this adds about 4g net carb per serving. Or use your favorite no sugar sweetner, and no sugar maple syrup.

For those skipping MFP and LCHF: http://www.ihop.com/national-pancake-day

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZSmYPPo_Qg&t=23s
  • dulcitonia
    dulcitonia Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I love a coconut flour waffle.... But I made them so dry the first time I nearly choked :( ...