Weekly Post 26.02. - 04.03.17

Options
flumi_f
flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
I know....boring...but I enjoyed an easy snowshoehike yesterday in beautiful weather and with an awesome panorama! A cheese fondue in the evening ended the tour with a very nice group B)

yhcr4bonzf30.jpg

A full week behind me...lots of horsebackriding next week, but other than that a little less running around. Did not cook much this weekend as I was not home much. Will now go plan my meals and do some cooking during the week. Lots of veggies in the fridge, that want to be cooked ;)

Fast day tomorrow and maybe a b2b on Tuesday as I am out on Thursday and that will include some beer and bar food :#

Have a good week!!

Replies

• KateNkognito
    KateNkognito Posts: 1,546 Member
    Options
    I had a surprisingly low day today, not a fast, but pretty darn good. I am going to fast tomorrow but still not sure when I will get a second fast in this week. Plans have been moved around, so I will have to play it by ear. I hope this week is off to a good start for you all!
  • thecarbmonster
    thecarbmonster Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    hello my lovelies, can't believe how long I haven't been on here!

oh @flumi_f I'm so happy to see you still here! so looking forward to reading your posts again :)

I don't know if I should even try to account for where I've been physically...but "mentally" is probably a better description...the last year (is that how long since I've been here??? or maybe it's been longer omg)

in 2016 alone, my mom, sister, and I have all been hospitalized (luckily we're all happy and healthy now!), I've even had knee surgery, and been working hard on my mental health (I got so low in November I even spent a week in the hospital...but it got me hooked up with amazing psychiatrists that I willing drive 2 hrs each way to see). I'm afraid to talk too much about it because I know mental health stuff can be triggering for some ppl, but I'll just say 3 months out and I'm feeling much better...and surprisingly a lot better WITHOUT any medication. I went on something in the hospital and over time I noticed a lot of my symptoms were escalating. It was like night and day once I went off; most of the compulsive negative thoughts and behaviors blurred away and I could just EXIST more without non-stop worry, doubt, anxiety, depressive thoughts. I finally saw an opening where I didn't have to think about it and could feel peace, even if brief.

Since I've been off (about 2.5 weeks), I've only had one bad episode vs the week before I went off I had 3 bad breakdowns, 2 panic attacks (unprovoked, like just notice my hands start shaking, my heart pumping too fast and then crashing too fast with uncontrollable crying without any obvious trigger), and was even dreaming about panic attacks. so yeah, things aren't perfect, but man, going through such bad episodes lately really left me with some great perspective to see how much BETTER things are. And that's enough to keep me going!

So now I'm looking to ease back into 5:2 since it was a time I felt good- I could feel my body had less inflammation, I wasn't hungry or obsessive about food, and just enjoyed being able to eat small portions of what I love instead of cooking for 2 hours a day for crappy, healthy food and burning out too fast.

Thanks for letting me vent and get some stuff off my chest. I had guilt I stopped caring about my body and health after doing so well with 5:2 the first time, but feel I probably had to go through tough times to see how much better it will feel coming back again.

Thanks and hello to anyone I haven't met yet!
  • flossyruby1
    flossyruby1 Posts: 337 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    @thecarbmonster It sounds like youve been through a lot. But it also sounds like youve gained some insight about yourself. My background is in healthcare and the thing I've learned to appreciate with experience is how much our mental wellbeing permeates all aspects of our lives. Many times, a physical ailment masks a mental issue. Glad to hear the clouds have parted for you and you are able to take care of yourself physically!!

Today is a FD for me. I'm subbing all day, so I should be distracted, which always helps. I've got a bottle of kombucha to take with me in case I get hungry. I like the sourness of it and it's a little fizzy, so it takes up space in my stomach.
  • flumi_f
    flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    Yippee Carbi is back! And I am sooooo glad you got through so many bad patches with your head held high! You seem to be in a much better place mentally. I can only repeat flossy's words! So happy for you!

Had a B2B...both were less than perfect, ending around 700-800 Mo and Tu. I'll take it. I shall eat normally tomorrow and then try to keep Th and Fr a little below maintainance as I have a birthday party to go to on Saturday. No dieting then :p
  • Marmitegeoff
    Marmitegeoff Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I was having a good FD when a customer brought in a pack of Digestive Nibbles, Still I ended up at 900 cals so not too bad. I will do some spinning tomorrow to make up.

Have a good WE all