TEAM ONE

Options

Replies

• 120maggie
    120maggie Posts: 4,945 Member
    Options
    What a fantastic thread we got going on!! <3 So much energy. Especially after last week's sick festival :s:s
    I am so with you coffee ladies. I dont do the specialty drinks but i am all about a constant supply. When we got the Keurig machine at work I still made then order me bulk coffee for the pots. Who has the time for filling up all those little cupfuls?. Keep those big mug fulls coming!!!! However I do have to admit that I drink a mixture of regular and decaffeinated.

My leave it behind is chips. Everyday at lunch I have salty chips. only an ounce of the pop chips. But it is a salty habit I don't need.

We were in Alaska about 20 years ago. Visited the Iditarod museum in Steward and of course the dogs. I loved how the packs would start howling

I haven't had the nerve to discuss the sled concept with Maggie. She has a harness and can pull . ----BUT I think we will have to work on the motivation!!!!

Looks like we will have a great week.
  • wolvinnetje
    wolvinnetje Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Goodmorning all,

@smile_laughter take your rest girl you needed it than the sooner you feel beteer take good care of yourself.

Today was day 2 without coffee at all my head says "detoxing" but we have ibuprphen for that.
    I was just curious what it would to with my body if I was not drinking coffee in any form.
    It was not that I lived with an infusion ( good word??? I mean a needle in you arm with fluid lol) of coffee but alway start the day with it and end as well.

I think i had to reschedule my walk challenge if I see the weather forecast it is very bad hard rains and storm but keep you posted.
    This morning I did a 2.5 miles outside and yesterday also a 2.5 miles outside
    Hahahahahahah just feeling so stupid I just wrote this down And I already said I should do the 5K so I'm there already pfffffffffff see no coffee shut off your brains.

To close this thuesday post a joke but only read when you have no little ones in the neighbourhood or can't handle "naughty dirty jokes" so be warned!!!

AT WORK, Michael: Why you white guys always so happy?
    Casey: Because I make love to my wife every morning before work.
    Michael: Say whaaat? You get her to make love EVERY morning? How do you do that?
    Casey: It's easy, I just say a poem, women love poems and will fall for them all the time.
    Michael: Ok, what kind of poem can you say to make her make love every morning?
    Casey: I say, "blonde hair, blonde hair, eyes of blue, I love to wake up and make love to you.
    Michael: HAHAAA she falls for that?
    Casey: yes you should try it.
    NEXT DAY TYRONE COMES IN WITH BLACK EYE FAT LIP AND A TOOTH MISSING.
    Casey: What happened to you?
    Michael: Well, I said a poem to my wife and she didn't like it.
    Casey: She didn't like it? What did you say?
    Michael: Nappy head, nappy head, eyes like a frog, if I could roll your fat *kitten* over I would do you like a dog.

ngc64h0zigze.gif

• TamiJo1004
    TamiJo1004 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    rvcuoubehpqe.jpg
    She will have to be in the sled but she can direct others. She is 13 years old and moody in her old days! 141p007srlds.jpg
    This one will have to ride in the sleigh too. She would be terrified of the other dogs. She weighs a whopping 2 lbs.
    I don't have any pictures of Samson on my phone. Probably because he is never stilllong enough but he could help out!
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,396 Member
    Options
    Challenge 1 done!

I did the 5k frostbite footrace by walking. Running is not my thing and neither is swimming but I can walk for miles!
  • hawkins410
    hawkins410 Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    We're in need of back-up players for the Wait-List. If you know of anyone who might be interested in trying out the race over the last few weeks, please refer them to the sign-up sheet, which is found on the Main Group page under "Announcements".

Thank you! :)
  • Ingrid2017
    Ingrid2017 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    CHALLENGE #1

I CHOOSE "THE 2.5K FROSTBITE FOOTRACE".

I CHOOSE THIS ONE BECAUSE, ALTHOUGH I KNOW I'LL EASILY COMPLETE THE "10.49 IDITAROD DARE" THIS WEEK, ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN...SO I'LL "GRAB THE BIRD" AND THE 10 POINTS WHILE THEY'RE THERE TO GRAB! ;)
  • wolvinnetje
    wolvinnetje Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    "CHALLENGE #1
    I finished the 5K Frostbite Race. I walked 2.5 miles outside yesterday and 2.5 miles outside today. I walked outside because it was nice weather."
  • TamiJo1004
    Options
    I did: THE 2.5K FROSTBITE FOOTRACE
    I wanted to do the 5k but walking pushing a 40lb 3 year old against the wind took it out of me.
  • 120maggie
    Options
    so Maggie and I discussing joining the sled team. i hit hard about the high energy food that she would get plus the partying with the team and the cute little booties that all the dogs get to wear. But she informed me that below is a picture of her concept of a sled dog.

kbmow118xkho.jpg

then she dug out her picture from December and reminded me that she already has her sled dog outfit. SOOO sorry, I don't think we can count on her!!!

m7uoexu6jw1v.jpeg
  • TamiJo1004
    Options
    @120maggie Sounds like Maggie can be the fearless leader!
  • ka97
    ka97 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    Day one of no wine was an epic fail :s Good thing we don't have to go 7/7.
    Run and lift done today. And so far, no wine. It's looking good!
  • Grandmaelf2008
    Grandmaelf2008 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    120maggie wrote: »
    so Maggie and I discussing joining the sled team. i hit hard about the high energy food that she would get plus the partying with the team and the cute little booties that all the dogs get to wear. But she informed me that below is a picture of her concept of a sled dog.

kbmow118xkho.jpg

then she dug out her picture from December and reminded me that she already has her sled dog outfit. SOOO sorry, I don't think we can count on her!!!

m7uoexu6jw1v.jpeg

I jut happened to have a sled just like the above picture if she'd like to ride in it!! hahaha bet that doesn't surprise you all that know me so well. I also happen to have tons of hats just like that!!

I finished the 5K today. split it up into 2 days. One day real COLD the next rainy and foggy!! Tomorrow more snow!!!

going to work on challenge 2 video now. May have to break that one up as well. but it will be done.
  • 120maggie
    Options
    Challenge 1. Have a 3 mile and a 2.5 mile outdoor walk in to complete the 2.5k . May add some miles weather dependent
  • aenglehardt347
    aenglehardt347 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    My daily exercise is going to be low until Friday. We are under staffed at work from everyone getting sick. We cleaned the office and disinfected everything last week after all the patients we seen. Now 1/2 the employees are sick :s
    I can only hope everyone else stays healthy the rest of the week while we finish out and then have a week off.
    I will try to get challenges done after work as I can. Everyone have a good week and I will check back as I can.
  • junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    Options
    Challenge 2 Done!
    40 MINUTE FITNESS BLENDERS: TOTAL BODY BEGINNER WORKOUT
    Reminded me of morning stretch group.

@aenglehardt347 - at least you can work. Better that than the bug. :/

Some of us are going to have to pull the sled with all our slacker dogs.

• Grandmaelf2008
    Options
    Day 1 (again) no chocolate! I did it yippee
  • GSXRGIRL61
    GSXRGIRL61 Posts: 6,260 Member
    Options
    Hi all! So I did the 10.49 miles broken up a bit. I guess if it can't be broken up, I'll go with the 5K, which I did with my dogs outside. The reasons I take my dogs with me is 1) a tired dog is a good dog and 2) they are my favorite people other than my husband. I also walked 2 miles with my BFF at school yesterday, and I walked a bit on the treadmill. And I walked yesterday with my dogs. Total outside walking is 6 miles. Total inside walking is 4 miles. Wow. That was a longer post than I expected.
  • Grandmaelf2008
    Options
    Did anyone happen to see that team 2 is pouring out the miles and is ahead of us?? No worries since we are healthy this week!!!
  • Grandmaelf2008
    Options
    120maggie wrote: »

kbmow118xkho.jpg

m7uoexu6jw1v.jpeg

I jut happened to have a sled just like the above picture if she'd like to ride in it!! hahaha bet that doesn't surprise you all that know me so well. I also happen to have tons of hats just like that!!

I finished the 5K today. split it up into 2 days. One day real COLD the next rainy and foggy!! Tomorrow more snow!!!

going to work on challenge 2 video now. May have to break that one up as well. but it will be done.

Whoops I forgot

Challenge 1
    I chose the 5K. I walked outside and beat the rain!! Split it up between 2 days
  • junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    Options
    Did anyone happen to see that team 2 is pouring out the miles and is ahead of us?? No worries since we are healthy this week!!!

What is up with that?