Newbie looking for friends and accountability partners

Options
T1stime
T1stime Posts: 5 Member
Hello my name is Carole,

I am a 50 years old woman from Montréal, Canada my goal before the end of the week is to get back on the scale to see if the number is not too above 300 pounds.

This is my second post (not sure how to go at this, but here goes : I saw your group and I liked the messages and posts, they made me feel at home). I have been trying on my own for too long without much success. If you want someone to cheer you on and would like to do the same for me once and a while, I promiss I will be there for you!

I am lousy with social medias, but I just completed my profile on myfitnesspal and will try to be more sociable in the future o:)

I would like to find friends or accountability partners with similar goals.

If you love Disney, movies, traveling, knitting-crochet, home repairs, guilty pleasures (Downton Abbey, corny Christmas movies of the week-romance movies), reading.

Thank you for taking the time to read this and for getting back if you feel like it and for everyone out there : I truly wish you the best, we all deserve it <3 .

Replies

• MissBecca145
    MissBecca145 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Welcome Carole!
    I hope your weigh in goes well. And if it is higher than expected try not to beat yourself up too much. Use it to motivate you more
  • bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,981 Member
    Options
    Hi, Carole!

So when we say Disney movies, are we talking the cartoons or live action films from the 50's, 60's, and up? I don't knit but I've always wanted to learn! I'm a lefty and could never find anyone to teach me, but I recently bought a knitting loom and hope to try it out soon. I used to cross stitch and embroidery and dabbled in quilting for a bit, though.

And I love reading, though I admit most of my reading these days is fan fiction. What genre of books do you like to read?
  • HLaR79
    HLaR79 Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    Welcome we are a great group :)
  • T1stime
    T1stime Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Good morning and thank you ladies for your nice welcome. I gathered all my courage and when I stepped of the scale it was not so terrible: 304.5, I gained 3 pounds. My next goals are to be more active on a regular basis and to go under the 300 mark. MissBecca 145: I will definitely use this to motivate me more.

Bmeadows380: Oh boy, great question about Disney. I remember seeing movies with a very young Kurt Russell and Hailey Mills. But I mostly like animated movies (Toys Story, Cars, Beauty and the Beast, the Princess and the Frog - I hear the music and start crying on queue :D ). Most of the "leftys" I know are either extremely intelligent or extremely artistic, if not both :) For knitting, in Europe I think they do it from the left (also Portuguese knitting I think) which is faster than the North American version. You can go on Youtube, there are a lot of videos about knitting. I try not to get too addicted.

As for reading, I like everything that has to do with History, thrillers, old Hollywood and most biographies. I love to read about the Kennedys, Marilyn Monroe, Nixon and the Watergate, The Tudors (I loved the TV series), Queen Elizabeth the first, I have biographies of Julie Andrews and Doris Day that I want to read. And I love everything from Pat Conroy and Dennis Lehane among others.

Thank you again for your warm welcome and your help with my motivation :)
  • alanabanana01
    alanabanana01 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Sending a friend request. I am 52. I WISH I lived in Canada!
  • HLaR79
    HLaR79 Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    Bmeadows" i taught myself to crochet on youtube, my first scarf was hedious but i kept pushing myself and now i am a crazy oerson who has crochet stuff all over my house and in my purse, a few nights ago my husbamd went to get close and found a yarn needle in my bra, i had tucked there so i wouldnt loose it while switching colours. Finding things to kill boredom is very helpful.
  • bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,981 Member
    Options
    Thanks, HL! I've dabbled a little in crochet, but never really picked it up. Right now, I have problems with carpal tunnel, which makes it difficult to even cross stitch. Last time I lost a bunch of weight, the carpal tunnel symptoms eased up and I was able to cross stitch again, so I'm hoping that happens this time as well - and then I can give it a try at learning how to knit! :)

Thanks, T1! I'll have to look up European style knitting - I'm still going to try the loom, but learning to do it with needles would feel more "authentic" to me :) I like doing things the old fashioned way, even when its more time consuming - I get more personal satisfaction that way lol

My former roommate was big into biographies, too. I'm not so much into biographies myself, but I do love history. Back when I frequented bookstores, I was horrible for bringing home history books on whatever topic caught my fancy at the time. Now, I'm horrible for buying books on Amazon *grins*