TEAM ONE

Options

Replies

• MissionEnforcer
    MissionEnforcer Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    JUST A REMINDER: WEIGHT TRACKER LEADER SHEET WILL UPDATE TOMORROW EVENING!
  • hawkins410
    hawkins410 Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    CHALLENGE #1

I did the 2.5K Frostbite Footrace by walking around the block during breaks at work. It felt good to get up from behind my desk and get some fresh air!
  • hawkins410
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I was off to a slow start this week after an all nighter Sunday kind of took the wham out of my whammy. But the rains have finally stopped, so I plan to get a couple more hours of sleep and then wake Tara up and hit the trail. I'll put her through the "Mush & Ho" paces to see how she'll do as the lead dog, but I think we better keep looking! :D
    The plan is still to finish the Iditarod Dare but I thought it would be a good idea to get Challenge #1 done ASAP.

I am giving up ice cream to lighten my load. I've gained more weight eating ice cream over the last few years than anything else, so maybe giving it up will make my sled lighter! So far I am managing to avoid it this week! :)

FYI TEAM: Be sure to label Challenge #1 and Challenge #3 when posting and make sure it is a separate post from the rest. MissionEnforcer is being real picky about It! :p
  • hawkins410
    Options
    thepoodleanddogblog-typepad-com.jpg
    OUR TEAM IS SHAPING UP NICELY!
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,396 Member
    Options
    Re-posting so @MissionEnforcer can see it!

Challenge 2 done! I did the TOTAL BODY BEGINNER WORKOUT. Even though I'm not a beginner I added this workout to my regularly scheduled lifting plan for the day. Total strength minutes Monday 52!
  • Grandmaelf2008
    Grandmaelf2008 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    junodog1 wrote: »
    Did anyone happen to see that team 2 is pouring out the miles and is ahead of us?? No worries since we are healthy this week!!!

What is up with that?

I know right?!?!?! Did they get new team members??? We'll have to keep an eye on them
  • Grandmaelf2008
    Options
    hawkins410 wrote: »
    thepoodleanddogblog-typepad-com.jpg
    OUR TEAM IS SHAPING UP NICELY!

Yup that pretty much looks like our team! Although we need a bigger sled for the dogs that would rather be pulled than do the pulling.
  • Grandmaelf2008
    Options
    Let me know if I have to repost my Challenge 1 that I completed. I think my 10 turned black
  • Grandmaelf2008
    Options
  • MissionEnforcer
    MissionEnforcer Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    ATTENTION ALL PLAYERS:

IF YOU DO NOT SEE YOUR NUMBERS GETTING VERIFIED (BUT YOU SEE OTHERS THAT ARE), YOU ARE PROBABLY NOT FOLLOWING THE EXAMPLES, AS SHOWN IN THE CHALLENGE LISTING.

***PLEASE DO NOT POST THE EXAMPLES ON THE TEAM SITES***
  • MimiOfTheLusciousLawn
    MimiOfTheLusciousLawn Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    CHALLENGE #1
    I CHOSE THE 5k FOOTRACE.
    I RAN ON THE PATH AROUND TOWN (SLOWLY, TURTLE LIKE, BUT RAN NEVERTHELESS) IN THE WIND AND LIGHT DRIZZLE, WHILE POTTER STAYED IN THE WARM, DRY HOUSE HOGGING MY AFGHAN.
    h577s3ugrjew.png
  • GSXRGIRL61
    GSXRGIRL61 Posts: 6,260 Member
    Options
    Challenge 1
    I did the 10.49 miles.
    It was a combination of indoor and outdoor. I did 9 miles of it outdoors as I was walking with my dogs, who are my very favorite people in the world, with the exception of my husband. It's good for their health and for mine. Plus atired dog is a good dog. Then I did 4 miles inside with my BFF at school. And I've gotten in well over 5 miles between the treadmill and track.
  • Grandmaelf2008
    Options
    It's been snowing since 7am and it doesn't look like it's quitting anytime soon!! So my dogs are ready to go to Alaska. They looked like "snow dogs" when they came in from playing in the snow. Wish I could have taken a picture of them but didn't ha e my phone on my while I was shoveling. Not the way I like to get minutes in but it's a dirty job and it has to be done.
  • GSXRGIRL61
    GSXRGIRL61 Posts: 6,260 Member
    Options
    Challenge 2 would have been much easier if a 100 lb. kuvasz named Forte the Destroyer hadn't decided that it would be the absolute best time to lay on his mama.
  • Grandmaelf2008
    Options
    Challenge 2 done. Broke it up into 2 days. But it's done. Along with snow shoveling!!!

Day 2 NO CHOCOLATE!! Just barely almost gave in but then reminded myself I don't really need it. (Yes I lied to myself!! Who doesn't need chocolate!)
  • aenglehardt347
    aenglehardt347 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    @MissionEnforcer challenge #2 done did the total body workout tonight for beginners 40 minutes then a 15 minute stretch
  • aenglehardt347
    Options
    Next question team. I am confused on the minutes that you are supposed to add if you are active when you watch a video, were do you put those? Do you add those to your daily one time?
  • aenglehardt347
    Options
    I am giving up chocolate, trying to do all sweet things but mainly chocolate because it is my biggest weakness
  • 120maggie
    120maggie Posts: 4,945 Member
    Options
    Next question team. I am confused on the minutes that you are supposed to add if you are active when you watch a video, were do you put those? Do you add those to your daily one time?

yes you just add the active minutes in as your regular minutes on the spreadsheet. If you do an outdoor walk for 45 minutes and watch 15 minutes of videos while you do hand weights or jog in place etc, than post 60 minutes for your day!
  • 120maggie
    120maggie Posts: 4,945 Member
    Options
    @hawkins410 love the sled team. Noticed that there are no lazy labs in the line up! So far I have left the Chips behind and it is working ok. I need to get on the video tomorrow. Keep strong and focused everybody!!