2nd March 2017 - A New Day, New goals

Options
Shiloh2112
Shiloh2112 Posts: 32 Member
edited March 2017 in Social Groups
Last night I realized that I didn't eat a snack while at work, and found myself really really hungry. That happens when I break from routine of eating small snacks regularly, my body reacts. Today is Day 2 of the Challenge. I hope to pre-make some snacks for this weekend and next week. I made my 20,0000 steps yesterday, and 8 miles walking. But it was ify as it was later in the day and I was getting tired. I hope to get my goal in earlier today, as well as the Arm challenge. By the range of the snowy weather, I might not be able to ride my bike this week (March 2nd-4th) But Sunday the 5th is looking good so far.

How did everybody else do on the first day, and what are your plans for today?

Replies

• TheCupcakeCounter
    TheCupcakeCounter Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    I did 2 rounds both days. Have to workout in the morning or it just doesn't happen (life does). I spent about an hour on Sunday making up little baggies of veggies and have a basket of healthier snacks hidden in a different room of the house (so my son doesn't steal them) so I can just grab and go in the mornings. I have a nice mix of bars (RX bars and larabars mostly), boom chicka pop, snap pea crisps, and no sugar added dried fruits in single serve baggies so they are easy to log. They have been a lifesaver this week as I grab one sweet and one savory snack plus 2 veggie bags (cucumbers and carrots/peppers with hummus) each morning and I have no excuses. I also have those Sargento balanced break bowls with the nuts and cheese if I have a crazy day and want something a bit more substantial.
    I plan on watching a movie while walking on the treadmill this weekend before the weigh in.
  • karenleona
    karenleona Posts: 3,959 Member
    Options
    actually made it to the gym today!!!! along with a zillion other women!!! but at least i went and did 20 min on the stationary bike. First time in a long time. Already logged my exercise for tomorrow so that will make me go again...Lol
  • Badunkadunk_Buster
    Badunkadunk_Buster Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Well really, I'm having a really hard time dealing with the weather this last week. I am SO over winter! I'm ready for spring. I want to be outside with the sun shining and walk around our farm. But I'm constantly freezing. All I really want to do is curl up on the couch with blankets all day. So yesterday I was quite lazy. I did stay under my calories though. Today I plan on going for a walk AND a quick stop in the gym, and then hopping in the pool with the kids after swim lessons tonight.
  • Shiloh2112
    Shiloh2112 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Karenleona, That is GREAT! I love stationary bikes. I am planning on buying a bike trainer (It attaches to your regular bike so you can use it inside like an exercise bike). I had hoped to get one before Winter so I could bike all Winter, but I side lined it all Winter.

Cupcake, I just did up some snackie box containers with veggies and almonds for the office. I always have snacks at the office as well, but sometimes working for 3 Attorneys, I get so busy I don't realize I haven't had a snack or I am hungry until I get off work at 5:00 p.m. I was super hungry last night for dinner, but still ate within my calorie count.

S_Carson, I UNDERSTAND you! I wanted to be lazy yesterday and today as the weather has been snowy and cold out. You guys are so lucky to be able to go to the gym. I would love to get a membership at the YMCA so I can swim regularly, but I just can't see spending money on something that I really can't afford. So I try to get my exercise as much as I can by doing things like walking, dancing, playing on my Wii, etc.
  • megd44
    megd44 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Happy Thursday all. Sounds like we are all figuring out what works for us individually in this MFP dance. :)

@karenleona - great job getting out there. I have a stationery bike that was collecting dust until I recommitted to this last month. It has been great to be back on it and get a solid calorie burn in.

@TheCupcakeCounter what a great idea for the multiple bags/containers and all over the house!! I keep discovering my husband has taken something to work already when I go to grab it. I am not working right now but will totally steal this idea when I return. I also have to work out in the am, even with being home, because otherwise distraction hits big time.

Have a great day ladies!!
  • jesguinn
    jesguinn Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one that just stocked up on Girl Scout cookies? Actually, I only bought a couple of boxes, but my hubby bought like five boxes! He's not a cookie fan, but he's a sucker for kids selling stuff. At any rate, my win today was limiting myself to three Trefoils this afternoon instead of a whole sleeve. Definitely not the healthiest snack choice, but 3 cookies was only 96 cals and I'll still finish the day well below my daily calorie allowance. Gotta live a little!
  • Mjtckwnow
    Mjtckwnow Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    My daughter is in Girl Scouts, we are surrounded by cookies! Luckily, they don't tempt me :)
  • beckykatewhite
    beckykatewhite Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Im also struggling with the weather but I think I'm in a different hemisphere from most of you. It's 40 degree C here and way too hot to get out for a walk. I did get out to the air con gym at 6 am though which was great.