Options

Replies

• junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    Options
    @MissionEnforcer

CHALLENGE #1
    I chose the 5K FROSTBITE FOOTRACE:

I walked 5K by myself in the dark on hills surrounded by the scent of orange blossoms.
    Because my standard walk to the end of the road and back is 2 miles I pulled up Map My Walk and figured where I needed to reverse back and repeat to get just over 3.1 miles.
  • junodog1
    Options
    I entered my challenge 1 points and added up my minutes for the day. 97 minutes. 97, ugh. So I opened up this weeks race post and remained active for the first video, which is 4 minutes long. Broke 100 today!
  • MimiOfTheLusciousLawn
    MimiOfTheLusciousLawn Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    Good morning team!! Winter thinks it needed to return to Michigan yesterday, so it's freezing cold and feeling like Alaska. Mother Nature wants to play AR too!

Yesterday rather than feeding my hurting heart with food - and ironically even Tues when I binged, it was all on my healthy food, not crap! - I took my pain out at the Y. I spent 2:45 in the pool doing 2 water aerobics classes and before and after I worked on my arms with the dumbbells. I then went on a 4+ mile easy run in the cold, drizzly wind. When I got home, after lunch I did video 1 - and I will tell you I've never in my life done 20 pushups until yesterday! I really liked that video and saved it to do it again. (Thanks @hawkins410!) After the video, I watched ALL of the videos while hula hooping or working on my ball. I may have been a bit compulsive but it felt good to stay active.

Today, the DOMS have set in and I can barely lift my coffee cup!

Bonus... 3 days without peanut butter and I've decided to stretch it out for the entire period of Lent. I've reached for the jar NUMEROUS times out of habit, but I've returned it each time. I even passed up my favorite natural pb at the store yesterday - it'll wait to be bought until after Easter. Even on sale, and I'm pretty cheap. Winning!
  • 120maggie
    120maggie Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options
    Great way to deal with things @MimiOfTheLusciousLawn. Stay strong.
  • 120maggie
    Options
    So I think I have to re-post Challenge one.
    5K frostbite footrace.
    Walked a total of 8 miles outdoors this week.
    Why, the weather was warm and I was able to walk at lunch. Enjoy fresh air and being outside in Feb/March. I would have preferred to cross country ski -- That seems more like in the spirit of things, but we don't have the snow for it.
  • Vowder
    Vowder Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Gently headed back to the treadmill today. Slow walk... no incline... didn't work. After about 20 minutes my ankle starting getting sore so I stopped right way.

Switched to a recumbent bike. It worked! I was able to get a decent workout without putting pressure on the ankle. I could only feel after I put the workout level above 15. I can get a great workout at a much lower level.

Swam yesterday... finished that challenge.

Missed the Dr. appointment. It is rescheduled for early next week.

Just keep plugging away.

• 120maggie
    Options
    OMG they are awesomely cute!!! @Vowder so glad the bike worked for you. Thanks for sticking with it!!!
  • Vowder
    Options
    I just realized I did challenge 1 wrong. I was doing the 2.5K in a pool but realized that it is supposed to be outdoors. A little hard to keep the water liquid outdoors this time of year. I've already done 4.5k of swimming (indoors)

I am switching to the 5k frostbite. Thankfully, I have already completed 3.6k of outdoor walking. Will finish Saturday.

• cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,396 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    On day 4 (technically 5!) of no pasta/bread/rice, no eating before 15 hours after the previous day and no alcohol. I'm gonna consider the challenge complete if I do no eating before 15 hours are up tomorrow ( so I left behind breakfast!). I've always been a GIVE ME FOOD first thing in the morning person so this is a huge change for me.

And Bailey is a lab-just not lazy!
  • Ingrid2017
    Ingrid2017 Posts: 47 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

I completed Challenge # 2 and am now in day 4 of "No Sodas" :o ; which is tougher than I thought it would be :/ .

@Vowder I don't know how you can ever get rid of any of your puppies! Their "Dam" is beautiful as well.

@katharmonic & @TamiJo1004 : It looks like MissionEnforcer is waiting for a re-post of your Challenge #1s (that include the words "Challenge #1")...picky, picky!

Have a Great Day !

x6l6urxsev09.jpg

• wolvinnetje
    wolvinnetje Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Vowder wrote: »
    Our puppies have begun their training for the sled team. There WILL retreievers participating!!!!
    yif6unz8pysu.jpg
    tgrwac5dvwde.jpg

Awwww look at them they are toooooooo cute I love them
  • hawkins410
    hawkins410 Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    Vowder wrote: »
    I just realized I did challenge 1 wrong. I was doing the 2.5K in a pool but realized that it is supposed to be outdoors.
    @Vowder: Even though it is called the "Frostbite Footrace", the 2.5K can be completed in a pool! So technically, you are done with Challenge #1...you just need to post it correctly so MissionEnforcer will verify it. You know:
    CHALLENGE #1
    WHAT YOU DID
    WHY YOU CHOSE THAT PARTICULAR "RACE".

I want to come visit all those puppies before they go to their forever homes! <3

WE HAVE ARRIVED! :)
  • Grandmaelf2008
    Grandmaelf2008 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Day 3 so far no chocolate but it's getting harder. Came home to a big mess from one of my sled dogs having a tummy ache. Maybe he really didn't want to go to Alaska after all. He is the lazy one. But he could have found a different way to get out of going. It will be a Mira Le if I make it to bedtime without caving!!!
  • Vowder
    Options
    hawkins410 wrote: »
    @Vowder: Even though it is called the "Frostbite Footrace", the 2.5K can be completed in a pool! So technically, you are done with Challenge #1...you just need to post it correctly so MissionEnforcer will verify it. You know:
    CHALLENGE #1
    WHAT YOU DID
    WHY YOU CHOSE THAT PARTICULAR "RACE".

Excellent!

Challenge #1
    Swimming
    Easiest on my ankles.

1 Down.
  • 120maggie
    Options

SO @Vowder puppies shamed her into it so Maggie is raring to go!!!

0wvkg0f6e457.jpg
  • junodog1
    Options
    Since we have arrived I found us place to stay --> The Hotel Alyeska
    3jnwslq9zj57.jpg
    uydwlz59am5u.jpg
    We have nice group meeting areas
    hzip0iu8aj5z.jpgzysdq5de8cw2.jpg7g0myfshf457.jpg
    Some relaxation
    2ls8q6czjyub.jpg
    and a pool for @Vowder 's ankle o:)
    etj9z1k9avus.jpg

Can anyone get us some staff?

• MimiOfTheLusciousLawn
    MimiOfTheLusciousLawn Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    dujrbgmna8i0.jpg
    I found a pastry chef! He can whip us up sumpin' good!!
  • ka97
    ka97 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    @Vowder Good decision on switching to the bike! And love the pups!!!

8.5 miles done for the week, with 6 scheduled for tomorrow, and 12 on Sunday. I'll be using Sunday's run for my challenge completion.
    Drinking a beer tonight because I'm leaving behind the wine. That still counts right???
    I still have yet to update the spreadsheet - will get right on that.
  • junodog1
    Options
    I found a pastry chef! He can whip us up sumpin' good!!

OH MY!