New England/Maritimes hikers and backpackers, check in!

Options
CoachJen71
CoachJen71 Posts: 1,200 Member
Any other hiking Maineiacs out there? I'm in Castine, so am a regular at Acadia, especially on hubby's cairn maintenance days. We do hike elsewhere around the state and Northern New England as well. Also looking to add the Canadian Maritimes next year with a return trip to Cape Breton, where we honeymooned years ago. Thought that would be a great celebration of our 25th anniversary! :D

Replies

• DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 6,839 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I am in the opposite corner of the country, with most of my hikes in the Cascades and Olympics. Hope you'll post accounts of your hikes, when you get out.
  • CoachJen71
    Options
    Yeah, you are pretty far away! :) Will definitely post pics of our hikes!
  • lauraandmark347
    lauraandmark347 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Casual hiker from NH. Biggest hike was Mount Washington last summer with my 70 yo dad and 14 yo nephew. Since that wasn't high enough, we're planning a road trip to Mount Mitchell in NC this summer. Need to get started on my training!
  • CoachJen71
    Options
    Wow! Your Dad must be in amazing shape! I haven't tackled Washington, myself. I'm not sure I will ever be that strong. North Carolina should be a beautiful hike!
  • lauraandmark347
    lauraandmark347 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Mt Mitchell is a couple hundred feel higher than Washington. Different climate and terrain though, both of which were quite a challenge.
  • kasaz
    kasaz Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I'm in Arizona. Heading into the Superstitions this weekend for an overnight.