One Week In!

Options
LillysMomma09
LillysMomma09 Posts: 272 Member
Hi everyone!
So it's been one week since starting LC. My first two days sucked.. feeling dizzy and light headed.
After that there has been no problems. I'm surprised at the energy I have, like really surprised!

Lost 4.8 pounds since last Thursday! Which I'm sure is mostly water weight, but heck, I'll take it!!
Even cheated a few times and still had great success this week.

I've noticed for me that it's been hard to get enough Net calories in. I've been finishing out my days around 20 carbs but less then 1000 net calories. Does anyone else have this issue? I'm just full so I don't keep on eating, I guess that's from the increase in protein which is very new for me.

Found that I love pork rinds and atkins snack bars, they help with the sweet and crunchy cravings.
AND I love that I can go to McDonald's and get a grilled chicken club with no bun and it still fits in to LC!!

Anyway, just thought I'd share my success of my very first week. :smile:
Happy Friday Everyone!!

Replies

• SuperCarLori
    SuperCarLori Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    I'm happy for you!!

The hunger suppression is the best! The calories usually end up balancing out, enjoy it!

Happy Friday! :D
  • cstehansen
    cstehansen Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the great start!

Good for you not eating just to hit some arbitrary calorie goal. One of the best things you can do is learn to follow actual hunger signals. As you change your eating, this is a great time to learn this. There will be times when you will be hungrier. Don't sweat those either.

As for the dizzy and light headed part, I am 99% sure that is because you didn't get enough sodium. Read the Launch Pad on the main page of this forum. There are great tips there (like why you need more sodium) which will help you dramatically.

After you read what is on the Launch Pad, I would recommend perusing the threads because most of the questions you have and many you didn't know you had will be answered in them.

Keep up the great work!
  • noclady1995
    noclady1995 Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Isn't this WOE the best?! I had been eating keto for 3 months last year, got sick (like, admitted to the hospital kind of sick), fell off the wagon for about 3 months, got back on, and fell back off. Been off since last Sept. I've just had so much going on that I haven't had any motivation to get back on. Well, in the last few months, I've been experiencing more migraines again, gained 10 lbs, stopped working out, always felt tired, and joints started aching again. I started back up on Tuesday, and already dropped 4.5 lbs. I know that's all water weight. I'm super surprised I'm down by that much because when I started I had 15 lbs to lose, but now it's down to 10.5! In these few days, I haven't woken up with a headache, my joints are starting to feel better, I'm not falling asleep in the middle of the day, and my sleep quality has actually improved. I don't know why I allow myself to fall off, but this time, I'm doing my best to hang on!!
  • JohnnyLowCarb
    JohnnyLowCarb Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    The first week and half of my WOE and lifestyle (ie. Working Out again) S-U-C-K-E-D. I was sore from working out, tired, and very grumpy. But, after that and finding the LCHF diet, everything is great. The weight is peeling off and I am looking to finish in the top three of our Biggest Loser Contest at work. I will have a hard time telling everyone I was never hungry, sometimes ate Chicken Wings (my favorite) and still lost over 20 pounds in 8 weeks. I log my food and exercise in MFP, there are many days I never get over 1,000 calories, but still I am not hungry. So keep it up, once you hit the full Ketosis phase you will know it.
  • LillysMomma09
    LillysMomma09 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    It's so encouraging to know that you all have already been where I'm at and kept on going for more success!
    Yay for Low Carbs!!