Keto progress

Day two of Keto diet and down 1.3 lbs. Yay!

Replies

• Scochrane86
    Scochrane86 Posts: 374 Member
    great job!!!
  • natedecker13
    natedecker13 Posts: 23 Member
    Nice job. keep up the water and electrolytes in the first couple of days. helps to minimized the "keto Flu". Keep on the path it is worth it!
  • XavierNusum
    XavierNusum Posts: 720 Member
    Great work ladies, keep up the work!
  • fairytink2u
    fairytink2u Posts: 16 Member
    I'm in a similar boat:) started Jan 2 and am down 21 pounds:) slow and steady!!
  • jayerde
    jayerde Posts: 35 Member
    edited March 2017
    Down 5.3kg after a month and a half (11.6 lbs)
  • patti349
    patti349 Posts: 72 Member
    Getting serious about keeeping my carbs below 20 a day and this week I lost 3 pounds. Also my BG numbers are getting down to double digits, which is a great benefit of staying low carbs. Woohoo I can do this
  • fairytink2u
    fairytink2u Posts: 16 Member
    edited March 2017
    My monthly goal is 10 pounds a month! March is slow going so far, but fingers crossed!
  • mranlett
    mranlett Posts: 56 Member
    I've just started keto at the beginning of February, down 16 already but need to lose about 70 lbs to get to goal.
  • saistarxo
    saistarxo Posts: 14 Member
    I am new to Keto and would love more Keto supportive friends!
  • drmfeathr
    drmfeathr Posts: 5 Member
    Frustrated... i can't seem to eat less than 50 carbs a day.. I am trying but I am not doing it .. I have been having some bad cravings the last few days. All I want to do is eat
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    @drmfeathr - My experience is to eat at maintenance calories or above while transitioning to a lower carb diet. You need additional caloric energy to rewire your system to burn ketones and produce more muscle mitochondria and such, too. Focus on complying with the lower carb limit, protein in a goal range, and fats to satiety.

Sweets cravings can be blunted with sour or salty flavors. If it's a basic "more food" craving, it could be related to the above transition, your body being used to more in volume, lack of breaking down and digestive fats, or bad gut bacteria die-off (google it...you'll be shocked when it does happen)...it triggers a fight or flight "I'm dying" reaction so loud that they can probably here it 2 continents away!

And if none of those things work, add fats to your diet, whether in food or fat bombs, etc. Learn to sweeten only to tolerance, not to taste, and find a few low carb friendly options that will help you transition...
  • mranlett
    mranlett Posts: 56 Member
    @drmfeathr - if what you're looking for is prescriptive guidance on what to eat...an exact meal plan, I've got some online resources you may like. Check out Craig's advice at http://Ruled.me - really good stuff. Also check out http://www.eatthismuch.com which is a daily meal plan generator. You set up your preferences and can favorite items or mark as "never show me this again". With EatThisMuch, be sure to look at the free option (buried way down at the bottom of the sign-up page) before paying for anything. Craig offers his ebooks with an optional donation of $5

You should also look up Dr. Eric Westman's guidance. I have a 10 page PDF from his plan that tells you very specifically what you can and can not eat. His guidance is at the ingredient level where the resources above are at the meal level.
  • DBLDOCII
    DBLDOCII Posts: 14 Member
    Loving Keto...2 weeks on it; no cravings, no bloat, full, headaches gone and down 10lbs. love love love this diet.
    also, how do we add friends.
  • kimberwolf71
    kimberwolf71 Posts: 470 Member
    Glad you are having success and enjoying keto!!! To add friends from both the web and app version, click on their username (you then get an option to Send a Message or Ignore), but click their username a second time and you have the option to Send a Message or Add as Friend.
  • kimberwolf71
    kimberwolf71 Posts: 470 Member
    @drmfeathr How are you managing? Has your hunger or cravings subsided any?