Blackberries

tekwriter
tekwriter Posts: 923 Member
I am starting week three of LC. I never dreamed blackberries could taste so sweet. Anything else you guys want to tell me?

Replies

• kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Mostly popping in to wave across state from Cary. :) Hi!

Your profile indicates you have chosen keto/low carb for medical reasons in addition to weight loss. Good luck in all your endeavors towards a healthier version of yourself. There is much good information in this forum. Be selective in implementing. If you haven't done so all ready, be sure to click on the various discussions under "Announcements" on the main page.
  • SuperCarLori
    SuperCarLori Posts: 1,248 Member
    tekwriter wrote: »
    I am starting week three of LC. I never dreamed blackberries could taste so sweet. Anything else you guys want to tell me?

Olives are delicious.

:)
  • llbreuer2006
    llbreuer2006 Posts: 29 Member
    I love that! When my taste changes and everything tastes so much sweeter, I find that I enjoy my food so much more. It almost feels like my taste buds have been so overwhelmed by the processed foods that they shut down and are now starting back up. Raw almonds were the biggest surprise for me. I didn't know they were sweet!
  • llbreuer2006
    llbreuer2006 Posts: 29 Member

Olives are delicious.

:)

I love olives!
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member

Quitting smoking makes it even more intense. Not sure if that's an issue for you, but it's a thing. ;)
  • tekwriter
    tekwriter Posts: 923 Member
    No I quit 10 years ago
  • LowCarbInScotland
    LowCarbInScotland Posts: 1,027 Member
    I used to hate sauerkraut and pickles, but now that my tastes have changed after eliminating sugar from my life, they're two of my favourite things!
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Things I now find taste sweet to me: bell peppers (any color), jicama, with regard to nuts - specifically pecans and cashews, heavy whipping cream, ANY kind of fruit, dark chocolate (although I know some people like it darker, I typically tend to prefer it in the 70%-86% dark range ), tomatoes, kabocha winter squash...