The last 10 pounds

Options
Treysar
Treysar Posts: 34 Member
I have an ongoing problem reaching my goal. I have 10 pounds to go. So close! Things have slowed tremendously.
Any suggestions? I think adding exercise is definitely going to help. Any other suggestions appreciated. Thank you!

Replies

• genmon00
    genmon00 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Deficit, deficit, deficit...i know it's hard to hear lol it's in that last few pounds that calories really do matter. Do you still log? If you don't, that will help to see where you're at cal wise. You can excerise it will help but the scale is not a reliable tool then because starting excerise can make the scale go up, but doesn't mean your not losing fat. The tape measureer is your best friend. Lol
  • erin3011
    erin3011 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Girl, I'm in the same damn boat!
    I'm using intermittent fasting. I drink some keto coffee, sometimes two cups, to get me though till dinner and then I eat until I'm full and satisfied. I also drink lots of water. I'm actually not feeling hungry, but if I'm sitting still I get the urge to eat. Buts it's boredom eating.
  • swezeytba
    swezeytba Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    I know personally that I had to really get back to making sure my portion size was actually what I was estimating it for. Meaning....I had to start measuring and weighing things again. It's amazing how we can underestimate how many cups, tablespoons, grams, etc. we are consuming.
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    Options
    swezeytba wrote: »
    I know personally that I had to really get back to making sure my portion size was actually what I was estimating it for. Meaning....I had to start measuring and weighing things again. It's amazing how we can underestimate how many cups, tablespoons, grams, etc. we are consuming.

Sad but true.

I reluctantly bring an adjustable Pampered Chef measuring spoon along with me when I'm on the road (though I feel a bloody long way from pampered when I get the reality check it often delivers...)
  • CoffeeNBooze
    CoffeeNBooze Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Agree with all of this. I'm trying to lose 10-15 as well and even though I'm eating low carb it's not coming off. Thank you for the post about sleep... pretty sure my issue is cortisol. Getting flab around my belly when I never have before and I always wake up 1-2 hours before my alarm! I also agree calories matter more than ever for these last few pounds, and stop weighing in as often. Lots of good advice here.
  • Treysar
    Options
    I'm the worst at measuring. Very good tip!
  • suzc11
    suzc11 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I'm good at measuring! 25 lbs down but with 10-15 lbs to go and 6 weeks into the same weight (+ or - 1 lb) every day is a bit frustrating. Trying IF now on the 18:6 scale to see if that helps, 3 x week. I think the above poster is absolutely right about sleep. With releasing so much fat (and its component hormones) into the system over the last few months I'm sure it's been under a lot of stress trying to process it all. Trying to look at it as healing, rather than weight loss, might help. Healing takes time.
  • Treysar
    Options
    I measured today. Wow. Eye opener!
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    I've been working on my last 10 since about 9/2015! Can't seem to get the scale to move but I have lost a whole pant size. I still need to lose more bodyfat so I hope it keeps going this way.
  • allie2girlz
    allie2girlz Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I lost the last 10 by 1) quit worrying about it and 2) IF I was about 5 pounds above my original goal weight and decided that I was fine with that and kept keto-ing on and intermittent fasting. I did not expect to lose much more weight. I lost to my original goal weight plus some and have been maintaining since. Keto-on you will get there. Or, watch your size/body comp-scale may not change much but you could be getting slimmer