Did you cross-train today?

Options
emmab0902
emmab0902 Posts: 2,337 Member
Keen to hear what other sports or training others do apart from swimming.

I did zilch today but did 5000m on the rower yesterday.

Replies

• aliciamariaq
    aliciamariaq Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I am off to the gym today. I have a kind of dumbbell routine, which includes squats and lunches. I also use some machines, I love the lat pull machine! I am trying to work on my legs So I regularly use the leg press (that has helped my push off on my turns).
    Since around December I have been trying to go to the gym twice a week. I am at the point though were I have to get some advice from a personal trainer to tailor a programme to help me with my swimming. At the moment I am kind of just winging it.
  • Montepulciano
    Montepulciano Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    On my days off from the pool, I walk anywhere from 4.5 to 7 miles along the river. I keep a pretty good pace (3.5 miles per hour).
  • girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    I do a body weight program 4-5x/week (depending on where I am in the 10 week cycle). I do the cardio water class 3-4x/week. And I run 5-6 miles on a trail every Sunday with my sister. It all helps, and gives me something different. And, it shakes things up :)
  • emmab0902
    Options
    Another 5000m on the rower. 25:26
  • girlwithcurls2
    Options
    took myself on an hour and a half hike this morning. Good thing too--there was still birthday cake to finish off today :)
  • yogiswimmer
    yogiswimmer Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    No surprise with my username, but I did yoga yesterday and plan on doing the same today until I get to the pool tomorrow.
  • girlwithcurls2
    Options
    5.5 mile trail run. So much rain here in the NW, it was a soggy slog for a lot of the time. Finished it off with half a cheese bagel and Portland's best coffee though. I always look forward to that.
  • emmab0902
    Options
    5.3km run last night. Need to get back running as am meant to be doing a half marathon in two months time and I can't even run 6km at the moment!!!
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Happy to find this group! I joined the Fitness Swimmer's group, but it has no activity. Today was my "miscellaneous" exercise day which is a combo of elliptical intervals, core, and stability training to pick up some things not covered on my other days.
  • Montepulciano
    Options
    Welcome @lorrpb! Love your profile pic!
  • emmab0902
    Options
    Did Relay for Life today (a 12 hour team running/walking event to raise money for cancer research.)

Walked 5km and ran 16km. Going to be completely crippled tomorrow!!
  • Montepulciano
    Options
    Yup...that does not sound like fun, but for an excellent cause!
  • aliciamariaq
    Options
    Wow Emma! Great job!
  • emmab0902
    Options
    Still suffering from the running. My Achilles is a bit niggly so will keep off it for a few more days. Back to the gym to do strength training for the first time this year yesterday! And back in the pool tomorrow after two weeks off. Oops.
  • girlwithcurls2
    Options
    Weekly 10K on Sunday with my sister. She's on vacation for the next two Sundays, so I'm asking around for a "substitute sister" :lol:
  • aliciamariaq
    Options