Goals - Health vs Weight

Options
brendaq720
brendaq720 Posts: 2 Member
I've been trying to lose weight...forever!! but it just doesn't come off, so I have changed my goals to be more health oriented. I am at risk for type II diabetes so it is important for me to lose the fat in my abdomen. Also, my resting heart rate averages around 84, and I want to lower that to around 68. I think keeping these goals in my conscience, my motivate me to keep my choices in line with my goals. Onward!

Replies

• Nancyannjurczak
    Nancyannjurczak Posts: 32 Member
    Options

hi I just quite weight watchers couldnt see spending money on a program that was'nt working I lost 95 pds but gained it all back the reason is I stopped exercising everyday and started eating more and more today I stop everyday is a new day to make healhier choices just wish they would stick now that Im 54 its getting harder I get mad at myself so I eat oh boy never win thanks for hearing my rant
  • Thirkellf
    Thirkellf Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, Brenda. I'm 56 and have suddenly had a "moment of clarity" about my diet and exercise. My goal is to lose 30 pounds, but I'd be thrilled if it became easy, or even possible, to lose another 20 beyond that. In preparation for my high school reunion 9 years ago I got down to 118 pounds. I was running 3-5 miles 5x a week and I felt great. I have thyroid disease (Graves) and have had a hard time keeping my weight steady over the past two decades, plus I just let life get the best of me. I regained all the weight I'd lost plus a few, and am determined to reverse this to the best of my ability.
  • khbsrt
    khbsrt Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    As I have stopped eating sugars and starches I'm finally seeing a healthy drop in my high BP. I'm 55 and never thought the menopause weight would happen to me but Yes! It has. I'm working on dropping pounds because my BP has been way up there the last 3 years. That's my biggest concern.
  • Expiggy
    Expiggy Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    May I join you? I'm 59. I've been fat all my life (except for 3 days in 1989). I've lost (and gained) around 50lbs so many times, I've lost count. I now have problems with my knee joints, high blood pressure and severe 'body issues', which affects my social life and relationships.

For a while, I tried the 5:2 diet. I lost a few lbs but then found that I was losing 1/2 lb on lean days and picking up 1/2 lb on feed days. At the moment, I'm trying a healthy diet of fruit/yoghurt in the morning; salad in the afternoon; eggs in the evening (not no-carb, but lowish-carb). It's taken me 6 weeks to lose 4lbs. What are you trying and what works (please hear the desperate note in my voice).
  • leahrgrant
    leahrgrant Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi there everyone. The struggle is real! Is anyone interested in getting this discussion going again? I am looking to check in daily or a few times a week with people who get it! If anyone is interested in setting some goals and supporting each other while meeting them let me know. I am 47 and am peri-menopausal (no period since June). I have been 30-40 lbs overweight for the last decade. The past 2 years I have gained and lost the same 15lbs. I want to feel better and look like myself again. My first goal is to lose 10lbs by Christmas.
  • Maltz5
    Maltz5 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Menopause hit early :/ I was 42! Now at 48 I feel I am not able to lose a pound. I am practically a vegan and just cannot lose the weight. I have exercised, take synthroid for hypothyroidism, and I am at my wits end. Any advice would be great!
  • erikalindengreen
    erikalindengreen Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, everyone. Menopause is kicking my *kitten*! I need to lose 40# suddenly. How did this happen so quickly?!