3 Months Out

Options
Lisidy
Lisidy Posts: 130 Member
I'm three months post surgery today and I'm feeling a little conflicted about my progress.

Weight Loss:
Pre Surgery - 14.0 lbs
Month 1 - 16.5 lbs
Month 2 - 13.5 lbs
Month 3 - 8.0 lbs

I'm thrilled to have lost 52 pounds. I feel great and I'm getting more and more active. I would have the surgery again in a heartbeat. Overall I've done well in building new (better) eating habits, but I am concerned that I've started to let some sweets slip in. I think it shows in how my weight loss has slowed down this last month. I've totally stayed away from bread, pasta and rice. I don't want any of those things, but a bite of ice cream has turned into 4 oz. of ice cream several nights a week. I wish sweets upset my new stomach, but apparently they don't. I need to put a stop to the nighttime treats. Just posting here because I know y'all will make be be accountable to myself on this one.

Replies

• clcmfp
    clcmfp Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Think of all you've been through to get to this point. Seems a shame to throw it away on a few dollars of ice cream, right?
  • ErniesMom863
    ErniesMom863 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I'm 4 months out and have had surprising small struggles. I removed the peanut butter and cocoa dusted almo from my house entirely. I know now that I can't have any of it around. Any kind of carb or "slider food." You seem to be doing amazing with your weight loss!
  • StevenGarrigus
    StevenGarrigus Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Your weight loss is going well! I lost 8.4lbs in my third month. But do yourself a favor, ditch the ice cream entirely for now. You've already shown that it is derailing you by letting a bite turn into 4oz. During the holidays, I started eating a cookie here & there and my wife's tin full of Hershey Kisses was too alluring. I ate them until they were gone. I have no doubt that the 8.2lbs I lost over Christmas & New Year's would have been more had I avoided the sweets. They have little nutritional value and tons of calories. If you really need something sweet, try a low sugar protein bar instead.