Keto snacks - need ideas before i lose my mind!

Options
2»

Replies

• kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    It's either a Paleo or Primal thing regarding peanuts. Maybe both. Peanuts contain aflatoxins particularly if stored in a silo (damp area) and are reportedly highly carcinogenic depending on what/where one reads. Supposedly they are less carcinogenic when roasted but also peanut butter is not on the "approved food" list either. Depending on what/where you read, it is better to eat a commercial brand of peanut butter such as skippy, jif or peter pan than to eat the freshly ground stuff if one is concerned about aflatoxins. But then one has to worry themselves about all the additives. So many rules and fears. Depending on what/where one reads.
  • kirkor
    kirkor Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    @2t9nty @kpk54 it's not just a "paleo" thing: nuts can be quite the gut disruptor for a lot of people, like cramps, bloating, etc.
  • fatblatta
    fatblatta Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    kirkor wrote: »
    @2t9nty @kpk54 it's not just a "paleo" thing: nuts can be quite the gut disruptor for a lot of people, like cramps, bloating, etc.

Yes! Love them. But limit them because of this.

Make a dip of sour cream and siracha and enjoy some pork rinds. Bacon and horseradish is a good option too.
  • Scochrane86
    Scochrane86 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    kirkor wrote: »
    I am finding it harder and harder to be satisfied during the day.

It should be getting easier and easier not harder and harder.

How steep a deficit are you running?

About 25-30% deficit?
    It's not that I'm hungry.... just unsatisfied. So I'm hoping a tasty snack added to my dinner will take care of that.
    I'm full enough and don't need more, but feeling unsatisfied makes me think about food all night lol
  • shadus
    shadus Posts: 424 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    a65bgv4uic7u.jpg
    About 25-30% deficit?
    It's not that I'm hungry.... just unsatisfied. So I'm hoping a tasty snack added to my dinner will take care of that.
    I'm full enough and don't need more, but feeling unsatisfied makes me think about food all night lol

Try some jerky or chewing some gum during the day. You may not be getting enough chewing. I eat jerky pretty often (wild bills or home made mostly, it's really carb friendly) because until I've chewed a certain amount, I just never feel at all satisfied.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004RDRHAW <- is the one I usually get, it's salty, smokey, and hard traditional style jerky. When I need to chew, it satisfies.