Weekly Challenge: March 7th-March 13th

Options
2»

Replies

• Mjtckwnow
    Mjtckwnow Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    86 oz of water yesterday & had sparkling water with dinner which seems like a treat when I give up soda!
  • Sbiscotti
    Sbiscotti Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Love it! I've been aiming to drink a gallon of water every day since March 1. So far been on top of it except one day I was 8 oz short. Some days I'm getting as much as 152 oz. I'm using it also as a metric over the weekend to watch my alcohol intake - not a drop of booze until I've hit that gallon!
  • gdneff
    gdneff Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    One thing I did discover during this is that if I have to think about it or "force" myself to drink it, then I won't get my water in. However, if I just have it handy nearby it seems to go down quicker. Hmmmm
  • Mjtckwnow
    Mjtckwnow Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Last day of the water challenge.....how did you do this week? If in the past, you've struggled with drinking enough water, do you think going forward you will now try to incorporate more water into you day?

I hit my water goals each day but I am a water drinker already but my issue is wanting a Coke Zero everyday too. So this week I replaced that with a Citus sparkling water as my treat and it worked. I did allow myself 2 cheat days for soda as well.
  • TheCupcakeCounter
    TheCupcakeCounter Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Averaged between 10-12 cups per day all week.
  • natruallycurious
    natruallycurious Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Mjtckwnow wrote: »
    Last day of the water challenge.....how did you do this week? If in the past, you've struggled with drinking enough water, do you think going forward you will now try to incorporate more water into you day?

I hit my water goals each day but I am a water drinker already but my issue is wanting a Coke Zero everyday too. So this week I replaced that with a Citus sparkling water as my treat and it worked. I did allow myself 2 cheat days for soda as well.

I'm not 100% sure it is true, but I learned the other day that high fructose corn syrup, found in diet sodas, is actually much more addictive than cocaine. Great job on cutting back on it! I was completely addicted to diet coke and decided to give it up last June. I even had caffine withdraw headaches and had to supplement with green tea! But I finally don't crave it anymore!
This discussion has been closed.