VSG tomorrow

Hi guys, my VSG is scheduled for tomorrow. I am excited and nervous. On top of that, we're expecting 2 feet of snow! Has anyone had their surgery rescheduled due to weather? I am ready for it to be done tomorrow I don't want to have to wait several more weeks!

Replies

• dawnie1313
    dawnie1313 Posts: 17 Member
    Just wanted to say good luck. I am 3.5 weeks out. Have had no complications at all. And just trying to learn my new belly and fix the crap in my head. :):D
  • pneschich
    pneschich Posts: 325 Member
    4 weeks today. No major problems, a few bumps and a few mistakes so far. Easiest surgery I've had. Felt too good week 1 and 2 spent week 3 exhausted. It's a learning to balance thing. Exercise vs eating vs sleep. My only "problem" is I am waking in the middle of the night and finding it difficult to get back to sleep.
  • lizloves2laugh
    lizloves2laugh Posts: 16 Member
    We're a go for tomorrow even with the snow. Surgeon said he would be there!
  • jcavanna2
    jcavanna2 Posts: 782 Member
    Good luck tomorrow!
  • StevenGarrigus
    StevenGarrigus Posts: 234 Member
    Good luck! Have no worries, you've got this!
  • ErniesMom863
    ErniesMom863 Posts: 36 Member
    So excited for you!!!!! Sounds exciting with the snow storm. I am 4 months out on the 15th. You are going to love it!
  • Lisidy
    Lisidy Posts: 130 Member
    Sending good vibes for tomorrow. Let us know how it goes.
  • loveshoe
    loveshoe Posts: 365 Member
    Sending good thoughts to you and the doctor's for your surgery tomorrow.
  • jamielslater
    jamielslater Posts: 125 Member
    Good luck!
  • lizloves2laugh
    Sigh... Canceled due to the snow. Idk when I can reschedule it... Not a happy girl. I ate nothing yesterday in preparation for it.
  • StevenGarrigus
    Hang tough, this is a very, very minor setback. We can't control the weather. You will be in recovery before you know it.

If it's any consolation, my six month process to have the surgery began in October 2015 and I should have had the surgery in April or early May at the latest. Well, various issues with the insurance company and other assorted BS hoops to jump through drug my date back to late August. So, three months of feeling like I was never going to get the surgery and wallowing in self pity. I pretty much gave up. I was at the point that even while sitting on the bed in pre-op, I was completely ambivalent to the whole thing. I just had it in my head it wasn't going to happen at that point. I swear, I wasn't even nervous. I fell asleep. They woke me up to tell me they were going to give me a sedative to help me relax. And that was it. I don't remember anything until I woke up briefly in recovery feeling sick to my stomach. Out again until I was laying in the room with my wife sitting there.

So I guess what I am saying is, this is a very small setback through no fault of your own or your surgeon. Don't let it get you down.
  • pneschich
    It will happen. Sorry for the unplanned delay. They are not pleasant at all
    On the other hand most of this is waiting. Waiting for approval, then surgery then the bottom of the water jug so you can go home (unless you haven't farted, then you're waiting for that), waiting for clear liquids to be over an on and on.mostly waiting for the scale to move. It's going to happen
  • clcmfp
    clcmfp Posts: 108 Member
    Sigh... Canceled due to the snow. Idk when I can reschedule it... Not a happy girl. I ate nothing yesterday in preparation for it.

I'm sorry. That has to be incredibly frustrating.
  • Bekah7482
    Bekah7482 Posts: 247 Member

So sorry to hear about that. I hope they get you in for surgery asap!
  • lizloves2laugh
    Well my surgery is rescheduled for Tuesday, I'm trying not to get too excited since I'm afraid of getting let down again. I'm preparing though and getting nervous and excited... Can't wait for it to be done!
  • jcavanna2
    jcavanna2 Posts: 782 Member
    Good luck!
  • Bekah7482
    That's awesome news!
  • pneschich
    Great news. Keep us up to date on your progress
  • StevenGarrigus
    Good luck!
  • Bekah7482
    Well my surgery is rescheduled for Tuesday, I'm trying not to get too excited since I'm afraid of getting let down again. I'm preparing though and getting nervous and excited... Can't wait for it to be done!

How are you doing @lizloves2laugh?