Detox, cleanse, fast? Is anyone doing them?

Options
sweeteakate
sweeteakate Posts: 11 Member
I am interested in doing fast once a week. I have read some good benefits, but I wanted to know what people's experiences have been.

Replies

• cstehansen
    cstehansen Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    When the Mediterranean diet was first studied, researchers couldn't understand why they were not getting results as good as those who ate this way naturally in the communities they had studied. After looking into it more, those communities were primarily Orthodox and therefore were fasting 1 and sometimes 2 days per week.

Apparently, that day of fasting can make a huge difference in healing your body. Many here, including me, do IF. Personally, I only eat within a 7-8 hour window each day. I will occasionally fast for a day.

As far as buying any of those detox or cleanse products, don't do it. They are a waste of money - all snake oil. Your kidneys and liver do all the detoxing you need.
  • sweeteakate
    sweeteakate Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much. I definitely would not take any detox or cleanse products. I feel great after doing keto for the past 2.5 months. I just have heard and seen people talking about it on Instagram and wanted to see if I could get more information.

Thank you for sharing your experience!