Super Shape-Up March 2017: Week 2 (3/8-3/14)

Options

Replies

• macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    @anglyn1 I'm considering starting to take collagen. Can you tell me what brand/form you take?
  • Mandamanda93
    Mandamanda93 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    For week two!
    1. Get appropriate sleep each night: Y'all, having an actual bed is a dream. I feel amazing when I wake up. Don't take the little things for granted, holy moly. My sleep has been so much better.

2. Exercise every day: Every day this week but once. I wish I had a decent excuse, but I honestly just wasn't feeling well and slept all day. It happens, I guess, I just need to kick my own butt a little more =p

3. Get out of obesity: I have not lost any weight this week. Not a pound. Not an ounce. In fact, this whole week I was losing inches, at least- but today I woke up and measured, and it seems like all the inches I lost this week are back with a vengeance, losing only half an inch from my thigh and half an inch from my hips. I'm guessing the reason I didn't lose any weight this week is because I drank alcohol, although I still came in at acceptable calories and my daily carbs were under 50g (although my daily goal is much lower). Booooo.

4. Drink only once this month: Failed already. I was invited out by a childhood friend I haven't seen in 15 years and we played pool and drank a few (and it was so worth it), and then the other day I had 2 beers with/after dinner. It is by no means nearly as bad as I used to be, and I even anticipated failing this goal (which perhaps is half the problem?) , but still, 4-5 beers over the course of a week is much, much, much less than I used to drink.

Bad week. Certainly could've been better. Life goes on.
  • SuperCarLori
    SuperCarLori Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    fanncy0626 wrote: »
    I had a great day. Stronglift Workout A this morning. I ran around in 5 ft of water playing "your it". For at least 45 minutes. I met my macros and calories.

I can't WAIT to get back in the water!
  • SuperCarLori
    SuperCarLori Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    For week two!
    1. Get appropriate sleep each night: Y'all, having an actual bed is a dream. I feel amazing when I wake up. Don't take the little things for granted, holy moly. My sleep has been so much better.

2. Exercise every day: Every day this week but once. I wish I had a decent excuse, but I honestly just wasn't feeling well and slept all day. It happens, I guess, I just need to kick my own butt a little more =p

3. Get out of obesity: I have not lost any weight this week. Not a pound. Not an ounce. In fact, this whole week I was losing inches, at least- but today I woke up and measured, and it seems like all the inches I lost this week are back with a vengeance, losing only half an inch from my thigh and half an inch from my hips. I'm guessing the reason I didn't lose any weight this week is because I drank alcohol, although I still came in at acceptable calories and my daily carbs were under 50g (although my daily goal is much lower). Booooo.

4. Drink only once this month: Failed already. I was invited out by a childhood friend I haven't seen in 15 years and we played pool and drank a few (and it was so worth it), and then the other day I had 2 beers with/after dinner. It is by no means nearly as bad as I used to be, and I even anticipated failing this goal (which perhaps is half the problem?) , but still, 4-5 beers over the course of a week is much, much, much less than I used to drink.

Bad week. Certainly could've been better. Life goes on.

Sounds pretty darned good!
    And working out EVERY DAY isn't giving your body any rest to heal. No wonder you slept all day. :)

A half in off in two areas in a week, that's fantastic!!!!!!!!

You're doing great, honey.
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    800 minute Shape Up, Mix-It Up March:
    Today: Boxing:15 minutes, Low impact Aerobics: 25 minutes.

Duke vs Notre Dame for the ACC title tonight. 9PM. GO DUKE GO!

Previously:
    Walking: 19, 20, 70 minutes
    Piloxing: 35 minutes.
    Physical Therapy Resistance Bands: 30, 20, 20 minutes
    Yoga: 40 minutes
    Stationary Recumbent: 20, 20 minutes
    Pilates: 30 minutes
    Zumba: 16, 16 min.
    Low Impact Aerobics: 25, 25 min.
    Basic Body Flex Stretches: 15, 10 min.
    Body Resistance Exercises (which I hate)
    Boxing
    Kettlebells- maybe. Depends on the arm
    7 Minute Workout App (android)
    Walk Away the Pounds
  • Violet_Flux
    Violet_Flux Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Here's my March week-2 summary. My goal for the super shape-up was to start doing strength-training, 3 times per week. This past week I met my goal, did my strength excercises on Moday, Wednesday, and Saturday.

In addition, I was under 20g net carbs every day, and I did my cardio every day as well. I was also at or under my calorie goal every day.

All in all, a pretty good week...

Except I didn't lose any weight lol.

I know it's not linear and I know this happens all the time. But knowing it and liking it are two different things. So I'm cursing the scales and shaking my fist at the sky. But I'll continue doing what I'm doing and hope maybe next week will be a big week.
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    Fantastic day again! Kettlebell workout and swimming! Nice walk around the shopping mall. I stayed on macros and calories!
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    macchiatto wrote: »
    @anglyn1 I'm considering starting to take collagen. Can you tell me what brand/form you take?

Great Lakes in the green container. I order from Amazon! Blends in great with my coffee.
  • mmultanen
    mmultanen Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    Ran while my kiddos biked so, not the most consistent run ever. Had to help the one in training wheels out a few times, and the big one ran into me twice. :sweat_smile: But at least it was an entertaining run. I have no idea on my time. Lol
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    3/12 - I was able to meet my all my goals! Walking is difficult because of the cold but looking forward to Tuesday and higher temperatures. I also lost 2 lbs this week!
  • kerbear135
    kerbear135 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    My goal for this week is to cut down/eliminate the cheat meals to 1 day per week or less. Week days are easy for me because I bring my own food to work and DH and I shop for meal together so I can make sure and only buy things I am supposed to eat. Weekends, we eat out pretty every meal and I lack the willpower to resist bread baskets and dessert.
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    3/10-3/12: all days weight and carbs were in range. Friday strength training in the morning. Saturday rest. Sunday strength training. Collagen taken Friday and Sunday. Forgot Saturday.

Not sure what my workouts will look like this week. I got a new tattoo yesterday so I can't really get it sweaty. Also I've actually read that it can be taxing on some people's immune system and since I have autoimmune stuff anyhow I might take it easy. We'll see how I feel. I might could get in my strength workouts later in the week and some walking or maybe yoga type stuff.
  • tishsmith101
    tishsmith101 Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    Rough weekend included a 12 hour power outage, a wake for a friend's brother and stripping the bottom cabinets. So none of my goals were met. Always the optimist though, I only think only had coffee and dinner this weekend and didn't feel hungry. Back at it today.
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    3/10-3/12 check in

Friday and Saturday our kids were at my sisters. Kept to carb limit, definitely kept to calorie limit, but didn't log or do well for water. Did EXCELLENT on sleep!!! Sunday, carb limit/calorie limit all good, went on a nice hike, but failed on sleep...about 4 hours because my brain decided 2am - 4am was a great time to be awake. :lol:

ALL the keto coffee for me today!!!
  • nikoba
    nikoba Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Wrap up of my week...meh.
    This has been a rough one for me and I feel like I had some wins & losses. I had major cravings that I only mildly gave into...like donuts...I was craving them fiercely, but managed to allow myself one donut hole while staying within my limits.

I inadvertently got exercise from putting in extra time this weekend at the doggy daycare/foster facility I volunteer for. I have to figure out a way to make exercise a regular thing that I can stick to.

My logging hasn't been bad, except for yesterday. I was tired & crabby & hungry...and my compromise to not bringing home pizza and cupcakes, was to allow myself to just eat whatever "permissible" food I had in the house without counting.

Overall, I think I need to come up with some better goals for April, because March just feels fuzzy.
  • GretchieP
    GretchieP Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Goal: Carb 20-30 per day. Walk 3x/week (inside or out), and gym 2x/week. First week a bit rocky but starting to get into the swing of things. Last night made the best cauliflower chicken fried rice ever. Best of luck to everyone!
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    3/13 - met all my goals. I lost another pound today very happy about that! Morning and evening Kettlebell workouts and 2 - 2 mile walks. Macros are perfect!
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    3/13
    Down to 131.6 this morning, which made me happy! Lowest weight in about a month and I've weighed within goal range 3 days and hopefully counting ...
    Cals and macros were good today.
    Did C25K Week 8 Day 3 (ran 2.75 miles).