I am Still Here... Help Though

Options
collegefbfan
collegefbfan Posts: 346 Member
I have been on here for quite awhile now. I still love this way of eating. I was so hardcore at the beginning (first 4 months). I still am to a certain degree. In August of 2016, I weighed 256 pounds. Now, I weigh 218 pounds. I had my labs done in November, and they came out great.

The last month or two has been trying. I have had fried fish once, sushi twice, some sweets here or there, etc. Today, for all you math people is pi day. So, we were treated with donuts at our school. Hate to say it, I ate 3 throughout the day. Dang!!! THREE!!!

I have never done this badly before. Is this WOE something that you just jump back on the next day, and put the bad stuff in the past? There is no way I am in ketosis still.

Please, any advice!!!

Replies

• nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Just get back to it. Its all you can do.

I go through periods of lower and higher carbs, fasting and not fasting, more veggies and less veggies, more meat and less meat... Lately it is eggs. I don't think I've had an egg since Xmas. Your diet will change over time. I wouldn't change it to often include doughnuts, but one slip-up won't wreck anything. Daily slip-ups will. :)

Congrats on your success so far! About 40lbs in half a year is great accomplishment. :)
  • collegefbfan
    collegefbfan Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    So many thanks @nvmomketo !!!! I was hoping so. I do feel like crap after the third one. I usually practice what I preach as far as this WOE goes. I have to get back to it wholeheartedly.
  • nvmomketo
    Options
    So many thanks @nvmomketo !!!! I was hoping so. I do feel like crap after the third one. I usually practice what I preach as far as this WOE goes. I have to get back to it wholeheartedly.

It sounds like mentally you are already back in the game! Once you recover from the doughnuts anyways. ;)

I've eaten "bad carbs" a few times and am surprised at how bad they made me feel. It's kind of neat to know that I am now used to feeling good from food rather than poorly. :)

I find that the longer I do this woe, the easier it is to stay in it. It's like at first, my diet groove is shallow and narrow. A dip in the sand. Now? My groove is like a river valley. It's easy to stay in it. ;)
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    If you step away from the carbs you will be fine...you don't even have to wait until tomorrow, you can start now by just not eating any more junk...have a nice avocado instead...hopefully by tomorrow you will feel better...
  • mmultanen
    mmultanen Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    One day at a time all the time helps a lot of people I know. Don't focus on how "bad" yesterday wen't or how "hard" tomorrow will be or how "good" you know you'll make tomorrow because today you weren't so "good". Just focus on today, right now even. What are the choices you can make that will help you achieve the goals you have?

That said, when I've eaten more carbohydrates and am looking to cut back down, I find a step down approach really helps me. 100g carbs today and tomorrow, 75g for the next two days, 50 for the 2 after that....etc.
  • nvmomketo
    Options
    kpk54 wrote: »
    Good to see you!

Yep! Just jump right back into it. No problem. You had your donuts. Now forget about them. It's not automatic that the few extra donut calories or the sugary carbs in them will wreck your next days to come. Get back on track. This minute.

As I've read, just because your car has one flat tire is no reason to slash the other three. ;)

I like that! I need to remember that one.
  • Midnightgypsy0
    Midnightgypsy0 Posts: 177 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    :) Although I would gladly slash my "Fat" tire.