Carb intake

Options
helen772010
helen772010 Posts: 20 Member
Hi,
If i am on a 20g carb allowance per day. Is it as it says or could you use carbs as you would calories and save them for use at the weekend or a meal out ? Or would eating say 3 days 60g carbs kick me out of ketosis?

Replies

• tjones0411
    tjones0411 Posts: 179 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    My experience is that it's not like calories - you can't bank your carbs for another day. One "bad" meal can kick you out. That being said, we all have different carb counts that keep us in ketosis. Some may need to stick to 20....others may get away with 30.
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    tjones0411 wrote: »
    My experience is that it's not like calories - you can't bank your carbs for another day. One "bad" meal can kick you out. That being said, we all have different carb counts that keep us in ketosis. Some may need to stick to 20....others may get away with 30.

This.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    Eating 60g carbs any given day might prevent ketosis at least for a little while, but if you cut right back to 20 or less you'd just go right back to it. Your body really has no choice. You aren't providing all the glucose it needs each day, so it is forced to make its own. That's when you're in ketosis.
    That said, what is your ultimate goal? Are you eating keto as part of a medically therapeutic treatment? Because you don't have to achieve ketosis if losing weight is your only goal.
  • helen772010
    helen772010 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I am trying lchf as a life change as i feel my body does not tolerate processed, carbs or sugary food very well anymore. I have been lchf for 3 weeks and have already seen a difference in my skin (less acne) I do also want to lose weight and if im honest that is probably the main reason that i tried lchf.