Big Ed's Accountability Thread

Replies

• blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Go little Ed! I hope you don't mind me calling you that sometimes.
  • KetoKaHee
    KetoKaHee Posts: 270 Member
    I too don't weight myself everyday. Due to hormone levels your body weight goes up and down daily. I prefer doing measurements, taking before and after photos or getting my body fat tested.
  • vinyladdict
    vinyladdict Posts: 85 Member
    I started weighing daily because I've finally broken that mental wall of letting the numbers define my progress. I've always been a numbers guy and like to be able to notice trends.
  • 1MADGIRL
    1MADGIRL Posts: 838 Member
    dajoloehr wrote: »
    I'm sure Ive posted this somewhere before but http://www.ilostwhat.com/ is a fun weight comparison site. Ive lost about 75 footballs lol

haha this is awesome
  • 1MADGIRL
    5xfpq2q8yrhj.png

After nine weeks, I've lost the equivalent of a cinder block. Almost 33 lbs gone! I'd never be able to do this without perseverance and my caring wife.

I've never felt so at peace, have as much confidence, and a positive outlook on life than I have right now. ONWARD!!

You are amazing!
    It's also nice to see that your wife supports you :)
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    dajoloehr wrote: »
    I'm sure Ive posted this somewhere before but http://www.ilostwhat.com/ is a fun weight comparison site. Ive lost about 75 footballs lol

I created a thread for this subject and I hope you all join :)
  • 1MADGIRL
  • vinyladdict
    I work in IT for a school system and had to drive a total of five hours today to work off site. My eating window usually opens at 430p and I got home at 800p. I had planned on doing an extended fast, around 48 hours, starting from this Thursday until Saturday. It's looking like I'll bump that up and see if I can make it through until tomorrow.
  • Brendalea69
    Dont forget to drink lots of water and have gum handy, Good luck :)
  • vinyladdict
    What kind or type of gum can one chew without spiking insulin?
  • Brendalea69
    I'm not sure but what I chew is sugarless...
    h730yjjb6fd1.jpg
    2x462u9uuqa0.jpg

• vinyladdict
    It seems that any time I try something that has, "Natural," or, "Artificial," flavors outside of my window, I become ravenous. They definitely make my insulin go crazy. Lots of water and maybe even some sparkling water for me. :)
  • Brendalea69
    Yes then lots of water :)
  • blambo61
    What kind or type of gum can one chew without spiking insulin?

If insulin spikes and you have no sugar in you can you store fat? Maybe not, it might inhibit fat loss some, but if you are at a deficit, you will lose at least the amount of the deficit (maybe not more but at least that amount) since we can't create energy out of nothing. The dificit (metabolism) can be a moving target also so that may complicate it but my opinion is you would be doing fine chewing gum while fasting.
  • vinyladdict
    ou5vao36838g.png

320 Club, baby! Doing work and getting results!
  • blambo61
    That is fantastic! You are doing great!
  • leveejohn
    leveejohn Posts: 346 Member
    Awesome progress!
  • Brendalea69
    edited March 2017
    Woohoo!!! :) KUTGW!!!
  • jvcinv
    jvcinv Posts: 504 Member
    Stick with it Ed. It works. I started out at your weight and its been coming off steady.
    I think I'll start my own thread tomorrow and share some of my personal data. I'm also a numbers guy.

I have noticed over the past 4-5 weeks that my weight flatlines Mon-Thursday, then drops 2-4 pounds over Fri-Sat-Sun. I'm at a loss to explain it because my routine doesn't vary to any great extent.

In any case keep up the good work!
  • 1MADGIRL
    Yayyyy :) What amazing progress!