Balancing rest days with other workouts?

Options
yellingkimber
yellingkimber Posts: 229 Member
I was doing the C210K app until about week 4 before I went rogue and just started making my own intervals. I know the app recommends a rest day after every running day, but I've been getting 8-10k steps for Fitbit challenges and lifting between running days. I have one "proper" rest day a week where I'm only taking 8-10k steps. Is this okay, or am I totally going to end up destroying some part of my body and setting myself back?

Replies

• Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    Your body will let you know if you are doing too much. I alternate cycling and running days and have a rest day when if fits in my schedule.
  • Lithinissi
    Lithinissi Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I just finished week one. After each session i have been lifting a not. But I am considering switching my lifting to my off days the a class (my gym offers a variety of free classes with membership) bc i enjoy them to.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Sounds fine, take an extra rest day if you need it.
  • yellingkimber
    yellingkimber Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Thanks, friends. That's good to hear. The Reddit for C25K is a lot more... stringent? regarding this sort of thing. They tend to preach "Do only C25k. Do not do anything on rest days. You will hurt yourself." Someone told me I shouldn't be walking between running days??? Hello, how will I get places? So, this was reassuring. I feel fine. :)
  • SierraFatToSkinny
    SierraFatToSkinny Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I was lectured to not run on consecutive days. I was kinda speeding through the first half of the program.

Well, I (reluctantly) followed advice and I've really noticed how I can run faster and further with less achiness.

I've been walking 8k-12k steps a day between running days.