Blood sugar out of whack.

Options
eblyth00
eblyth00 Posts: 131 Member
I'm not sure what's going on. I'm not diabetic, before omad I did have slightly raised fasting blood sugar but never over 100. After starting Omad fasting blood sugar dropped to high 70s low 80s. Yesterday I measured fasting at 115 now today fasting is at 125. Help what is going on?

Replies

• Mom2annie
    Mom2annie Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I'm not familiar with that sort of thing, but maybe something in the video below will help you make sense of it. It's not only about T2D (diabetes). He also speaks of intermittent fasting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUaJ3OScyGY
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    I had high morning fasting bg before I did OMAD. OMAD made it get to under 100. Then to try to keep from losing muscle mass, I starting taking protein supps with my evening meal. After doing that for several months, I read that too much protein all at once could cause high bg readings. I started taking my morning readings again and low and behold, I was high again from 110-120! I had been getting in about 100g of protein in the evenings and not restricting carbs and was probably averaging about 2000 calories. I then tried LC and it fixed morning bg while still taking the protein supps and eating 2000 calories or so. I couldn't handle the low carb thing thou so since I want to work out a lot and take the protein and not be LC, I have been taking my protein earlier in the day so I'm not really doing OMAD right now cause of those things. My morning bg is back to about 100 with what I'm doing. I don't think my body can handle 2000-2500 cals including over 100g or protein in a short window without making my morning bg high. That has been my experience. I haven't tried lower calories like 1500 or so to see what would happen. It was never a problem with me when I wasn't taking the protein supps for the time that I was checking. Don't know what would happen if I quit that now.
  • eblyth00
    eblyth00 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the reply guys. The thing is it's not just in the morning it's staying up around 12-125 from waking up around 6:30 am 12: pm and 5 pm. I've checked throughout the day and it's up the only time it's down is about 2 hour after eating. I check it around 8, 2 hours after eating it's around 100-110
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    May not have anything to do with omad. May want to talk to the doctor. I haven't checked mine much during the day, I probably should.