Its official - menopause is here!

Options
samthepanda
samthepanda Posts: 569 Member
Doc confirmed it yesterday, I'm in menopause. Weird mix of emotions really. The reproduction hormones never worked properly for me so needed IVF and adoption to get my family but still strangely final. Anyway, at least I know there is a reason for some of the new weird stuff my body is doing, though plenty of weirdness was already there lol! One of the strangest changes for me is that having been cold most of my life, and especially since losing weight, i am now warm, and often hot, sometimes all over, sometimes just my face. When I started running with my group 3 years ago I was wearing 3 or 4 layers, always a fleece and gloves, now I have one base layer on a lightweight running top which I usually remove (I have not vastly increased my speed!) Two other noticeable things - firstly aches and pains, feeling that joints will give way! And secondly - smell! I am conscious I smell bad. Trying lots of deodorants, trying to find one that works!

Replies

• stit60
    stit60 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hi Sam. Congratulations and welcome to the free world of tamponless and padless living! Sorry you are having the flashes but if it's not disrupting your sleep or bothering you then it's nothing you have to treat. Alos congratulations on your weight loss and kudos on your running. You sound like a golden champion!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome! My doc has declared me menopausal as well. So far, over the last 8 years I've gained 8Lbs. I am now using a tiny bit of bio-identical estrogen, along with the bio0identical progesterone I used during PERI. I **feel** much more balanced (mood improved, no more hot flashes except during exercise, no migraines, I'm sleeping). Based on that, I **feel** like I can lose the 8LBS now. So here I go to try!

My primary remaining symptom is wobbly eyes (not really a vertigo, but a funny sense of being off balance). I'm hoping that will end soon.