LADIES!

Options
NicoleL874
NicoleL874 Posts: 684 Member
Ok, been having some girlie issues. Causing cramping mid-cycle, and now AWFUL cramping before and with my period.

That being said, everything I used to take were NSAIDS.

Ideas? (drugs, not heating pads and baths)

Thanks!

Replies

• garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    You might want to check with your doctor if you can take NSAIDS on occasion. I had a bad pulled muscle and my GP told me I could take them, and also my surgeon said I could too. I think if you are not taking them on a regular basis and you are far enough out post surgery they can be taken on an as-needed basis.
  • JamesAztec
    JamesAztec Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Not a girlie here, but agree with @garber6th My podiatrist PCP and surgeon all said ok to take NSAIDs on occasion with food.
  • Lisidy
    Lisidy Posts: 130 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I've just been using Tylenol, but it definitely doesn't work as well as an NSAID. I'm thinking about getting an IUD. It feels weird to consider using birth control (I'm infertile - or at least I was for the four years leading up to surgery), but the thought of having a light period or no period is enticing.

uga8j249yazo.png
  • lizloves2laugh
    lizloves2laugh Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Lisidy wrote: »
    I've just been using Tylenol, but it definitely doesn't work as well as an NSAID. I'm thinking about getting an IUD. It feels weird to consider using birth control (I'm infertile - or at least I was for the four years leading up to surgery), but the thought of having a light period or no period is enticing.

uga8j249yazo.png

Yes the mirena is awesome. Can help with heavy periods and cramping. For me after several months I had barely any period. I still get cramps but not too bad
  • jamielslater
    jamielslater Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I've had a mirena for about 8 years (on my second one) and I really like it. Mine is really for birth control purposes, but I don't really have my monthly cycle and no cramps. My husband says I still get an attitude...lol
  • NicoleL874
    NicoleL874 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info! I'll ask my OB/GYN, but do you guys know if the hormonal IUDs help with PMDD? I've been on the NuvaRing since it was released in 2001. Before that I tried the pill, shots, the patch, nothing helped.

I don't typically get cramping, but I have other issues going on causing them, so I did break down and use NSAIDs this weekend and just doubled up on my omeprazole.
  • Elyseinchi
    Elyseinchi Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I have the Mirena in as well and am very grateful for it. No cramps and light to no periods... I will say that right after surgery, my period came on - if you could call it that --- but it was more than ever in the past but now 6 weeks out and nothing more.