5 years out

Options
Keto1961
Keto1961 Posts: 1 Member
edited June 2016 in Social Groups
Hi I'm Jackie. I had WLS(VSG) 5 years ago. At 4yrs out I starting gaining . My mistake was not doing my exercise like I was, grazing and drinking wine. I know darn well are all things that were drilled into my head not to do. Well life happens, and here I'm am and 15 lbs are back. I'm less than 5 feet which is very noticeable. I'm going back to basics logging my food and exercising.

Replies

• Stephaniev51697
    Stephaniev51697 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Hi Jackie! I'm 2.5 yrs out from Sleeve surgery, and just recently gained 6.5 lbs back, doing exactly what you did. I'm back to basics now, and i cut out the wine :(

We've got this! We know what we have to do.. It's just doing it.. :)
  • Evey3
    Evey3 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I see these posts were several months ago. How is everyone doing now? Did you lose your gains? I am starting to gain a few and getting concerned.
  • Stephaniev51697
    Stephaniev51697 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    @Evey3 - I haven't lost the 6.5lbs that I had gained back in June and now I'm up a total of 10lbs, but it's because i continued the wine, and I am still not exercising consistently. I again, just started back on track and truly tossed the wine (even the social weekend glass). Starting the gym today after work.
  • Elyseinchi
    Elyseinchi Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    This is why I LOVE this site! Even though I am only 6 weeks out, I know that one day I will be years out and potentially struggling.... You can do this!!! Thanks for coming on and being honest. Let us newbees beer you on to more weight loss! :)