I'm back!

Options
LisaTcan
LisaTcan Posts: 410 Member
Hi everyone!

Glad to see this group is still active. I frequented this group in 2015 before I got pregnant. My baby is now 7 months old and I'm trying to lose the last 15lbs of baby weight. I recently stopped breastfeeding and started to get into the bad habit of drinking a glass or two of wine every night so I'm getting back on the horse!

Replies

• tmbg1
    tmbg1 Posts: 1,353 Member
    Options
    Hi I am glad you are here... The group isn't as active as I would like but it is nice to have people to talk to about this. I've been successful since January 1st!
  • LisaTcan
    Options
    Amazing!! Good for you. I'll try and keep posting :)
  • tmbg1
    Options
    Let's try to add more folks in this group. I'm sure there are a lot of people who want to cut back but not totally give up alcohol.
  • Dragrub111
    Dragrub111 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am one of those people and want to do better. Will keep you updated and keep posting!
  • LisaTcan
    Options
    Yeah, I read "Wine" threads all the time. I will point people to this group when they ask about cutting back.
  • Quichee
    Quichee Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I'm back after far far too long. Going on a cruise in May and I need to drop a few before then. Very much in the habit of a couple beers after work while I make dinner. Need a change!!!
  • fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I was in the "no alcohol" group for awhile a couple of years ago. That didn't work for me.

What I've been doing for the past year is having 1 1/2 oz scotch when I feel like a drink. But just one. I like it, but not a ton. And I can sip it, and just have one. Then I might have wine, which I really like, on the weekend if there's an opportunity. Buying a bottle of wine is a mistake for me!

I get cold at night in the winter, and the shot of scotch is amazing at warming me up. But. It'd be nice to limit it to weekends. Now that spring is here, it's time to develop better habits.
  • LisaTcan
    Options
    I have to admit, I'm not succeeding at not drinking during the week. I do try and have 2 no alcohol days and keep the rest of the week to a maximum of 2 drinks. I've also been measuring my wine (with my food scale) to keep myself accountable.
  • tmbg1
    Options
    I have been doing well except for last week... I slipped and had alcohol on Thursday as well as Friday and Saturday. Anyway back to the program this week!!