New and struggling

Options
celeryfish
celeryfish Posts: 12 Member
Hey!! I am new here...Joined in hopes of motivated to stay on track.. I have been struggling to stick to a diet for even a day. I eat fine the whole day but at night I break and binge. Any tips????? Also... Add me as a friend!!!

Replies

• celeryfish
    celeryfish Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    By the way... I am 5`1, 130 going for 115
  • StarBrightStarBright
    StarBrightStarBright Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Hi @Celeryfish - have you tried eating high satiety foods that will really keep you full? Things that are high in good fats or protein?

I've been having afternoon snack cravings lately so today i mashed up half an avocado and ate it as a sandwich topping (Fish burger). I also ate an ounce of cheese cut into little squares with an apple. I'm so full that I might not even eat my planned dinner.

There are lots of ideas for good and filling foods on the boards. Also - I gave in and tried Halo Top ice cream recently and it really is amazingly good for a low cal food (entire pint was 240 calories and it had enough protein that I couldn't actually finish the pint because it filled me up).

Good luck!
  • CeeBeeSlim
    CeeBeeSlim Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    Are you cutting too many calories?
  • Codilee87
    Codilee87 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you are probably trying to eat too little. If you are exercising regularly then you can probably add 200-300 extra calories to your daily goal.

A typical day for me is right around 1500 calories.

Breakfast: Cereal w/ skim milk & an apple = 310 calories.

Snack: Yogurt or almonds or fruit or granola bar or coffee = 100 calories.

Lunch: Soup w/ a piece of bread = 320 calories.

Snack: Muscle Milk protein drink = 100 calories.

Dinner: 2 Extra lean tacos (I use ground venison and smart fiesta tortillas) = 500 calories.

Dessert: Chapman's 97% fat free frozen yogurt (125g Cappucino) = 100 calories.

Total = 1430 Calories.

That's a rest day menu, on training days I bump it up about 200 calories.
  • CatLou76
    CatLou76 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I just recently switched up my macros using the calculator on iifym.com I definitely notice a difference with satiety since lowering my carbs and upping my fat and protein.
  • JeepHair77
    JeepHair77 Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    That's often been my struggle, too. And it's not that I cut too many calories and I'm not exactly hungry in the evening, it's just a habit you have to break.

Usually, if I can keep myself BUSY in the evenings, it's easier. Walk the dogs, hassle the kids about their homework, do a load of laundry, whatever. It's the "wow, I've got time to relax!" hour that always sees me hovering around the pantry.
  • pacingoamy
    pacingoamy Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    JeepHair77 wrote: »
    That's often been my struggle, too. And it's not that I cut too many calories and I'm not exactly hungry in the evening, it's just a habit you have to break.

Usually, if I can keep myself BUSY in the evenings, it's easier. Walk the dogs, hassle the kids about their homework, do a load of laundry, whatever. It's the "wow, I've got time to relax!" hour that always sees me hovering around the pantry.

This is me too ... plus I have to PLAN to be hungrier and eating more at night. So, I eat really filling low calories during the day and then, even adding 1/2 my calories back that my FitBit records...I have 600 or more calories to play with for evening. I don't use them all at dinner (knowing I will want a snack when the kids go to bed) so I eat about 400 for dinner then allow a bit more for munching. The lower calorie, higher protein, the more I get to munch.
  • aeshippers
    aeshippers Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I've always had a problem with evening snacking too. I have been doing the no late night snacking challengehttp:/community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10521448/say-no-to-late-night-snacking-march-2017-challenge#latest and it has really helped me
  • jackieTR46
    jackieTR46 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel, I've been doing ok, then I went out last night - result is a whopping 2.5lbs heavier this morning, I'm hoping it is just water retention from salty food - dieting is so difficult if you go out...and miserable if you don't!