Introduction :)

Options
marcelka77
marcelka77 Posts: 476 Member
Hi there , i rejoined MFP after 9 months break when I gain 10 kg I would like to loose them by June ;). Are we going to do challenges ?

Replies

• tress29
    tress29 Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    I've been part of these holiday challenges since 2013! Some worked well, some "I" didn't work well! I like having a group for accountability, not just having friends pop up in my news feed.

My goals for this 13 week challenge are:

Drink 8 glasses of water every day.
    Walk for 30-40 minutes at least 3 days a week.
    Stay within my calories!

My CW is 153 and my calories are set to lose a half pound a week, so 6# for this challenge.

Theresa K
  • rawrxamberx
    rawrxamberx Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone ! I'm Amber. I'm joining yet again. I need to stay accountable and I love these groups it's worked for me in the past.

My current weight is 293. I wanna be at least in the 270s after the end of this. This time I'm actually gonna try and not let myself quit.

I'm also gonna try to drink 8 cups of water a day and stay within calories !

Can't wait to see who else joins !!
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Hi, all. I've been really unfocused and unmotivated for months, but seem to be getting back to it for exercise, so maybe this will be the one to get back to logging consistently. (So far I've managed since Sunday, yay.)
  • tress29
    Options
    marcelka77 wrote: »
    Hi there , i rejoined MFP after 9 months break when I gain 10 kg I would like to loose them by June ;). Are we going to do challenges ?

Like weekly challenges? Like 20 planks every day, or a certain number of steps or miles walked? We can sure try! If you have ideas, throw them out there. Everybody here participates at different levels, but we are all looking for encouragement and a friendly place to be accountable.

• tress29
    Options
    This time I'm actually gonna try and not let myself quit.

Amber, when you feel like quitting, come here and post about it. Send me a message. We'll talk you through it. Everyone gets discouraged and sometimes we just need someone to say they had that struggle too. Everything in life works better when you have a support team!

• marcelka77
    Options
    tress29 wrote: »
    This time I'm actually gonna try and not let myself quit.

Amber, when you feel like quitting, come here and post about it. Send me a message. We'll talk you through it. Everyone gets discouraged and sometimes we just need someone to say they had that struggle too. Everything in life works better when you have a support team!

I Find MFP great help first time round I lost 30 kg ... I am quite competitive and topical Taurus- love my food but have great stamina and if I give myself goal I will achieve it - problems start then :)
  • rawrxamberx
    rawrxamberx Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    2012-2014 I lost 80 pounds with MyFitnessPal. And I felt so incredible. Once my dad passed away I stopped using myfitnesspal and the weight slowly came back on and now I'm back where I started. Now I have to make this a priority like I did before. I'm determined to get back where I was and go even beyond that ! When i first started in 2012 I struggled like I am now until I made it a routine and then that's when the magic happened :)
  • marcelka77
    Options
    2012-2014 I lost 80 pounds with MyFitnessPal. And I felt so incredible. Once my dad passed away I stopped using myfitnesspal and the weight slowly came back on and now I'm back where I started. Now I have to make this a priority like I did before. I'm determined to get back where I was and go even beyond that ! When i first started in 2012 I struggled like I am now until I made it a routine and then that's when the magic happened :)

Good luck !!! You can do it !!!
  • SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    Hi ok this challenge I plan on participating. Winter brings out the slug in me.
  • taniajoh
    taniajoh Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    hi all, I have done the previous challenge and it has really helped me to lose weight (5kg!!!!)as I felt accountable. So I would like to do this challenge and continue making progress :smiley:
  • hkaccompanist
    hkaccompanist Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Hello, everyone!
    I started MFP in early Jan (169.2), lost 15 lbs within 6 weeks by following good habits. Sadly, fell off the wagon for 6 weeks since Valentine's Day. Now I am back and ready to commit!
    SW (March 29): 159.4
    GW (end of March): 158
    GW (end of April): 153
    GW (end of May): 148
    Ultimate goal weight range: 118-125