Daily feelings dump

Options
Anyone else miss the opportunity for a daily feelings dump? Feel free to post below for support! :)

Replies

• pkeiter42
    pkeiter42 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    There is a place to add "food notes" - I choice to just ramble about the day on mine yesterday. I haven't tried the blog feature yet. Maybe someone else has?
  • bertadee812
    bertadee812 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I like that feature! I was frustrated by CC's limitation on posting to the newsfeed. So far, this is working well for me and I'm glad to see so many familiar faces!
  • RRalphycc
    RRalphycc Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I don't seem to be able to find people by they're username.
    This system seems to need a email addy.
    How bout you.
    I did see in FAQs where a lot of folks were having trouble adding their pics.
    The feedback says they are aware of the situation.
  • deangleason
    deangleason Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Well this is certainly getting interesting. I have now logged on both Sparkpeople and here. Neither converts most items into grams. That's an issue for me as I weigh a lot of food and grams are simplest and most accurate. The MFP mobile app seems more complete. Spark mobile app doesn't have a community tab so all social (like teams) can't be accessed. Both operate more like Facebook when it comes to social. To be fair I will give Fatsecret a look. It's good to see this group and the various Calorie Count Refugees groups springing up on all these sites. Stay in touch. I'm interested in your thoughts and experiences.
  • deangleason
    deangleason Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I have created a Facebook group as a neutral gathering space and another resource to keep in touch. The group is called CALORIE COUNT REFUGEES. It is a closed group for the moment just to see if it is helpful. Use your CC user name when you ask to join so we will recognize you. In the FB group if people want to know which site you are on you can tell them there. If you want to friend someone on FB you can use this group for that as well.
  • buggyhair
    buggyhair Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I kept my CC user name. I'm trying this site as well as icaloriecount, as of yesterday both as buggyhair. At icaloriecount the food & exercise browser is like CCs (the person who runs it was the original at CC but sold it. I'm guessing when CC went to from what the really oldtimers talk about to what I've know since at least 2008). He is really fast at implements changes upon request. I actually found logging my food easier over there.
  • mactammonty
    mactammonty Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I am frustrated by the lack of grams for recording my food amounts. I am on mynetdiary because it has that feature. I noticed MFP has nutrition info that MND does not though. Sigh, I miss CC which has both.
  • rabbitlvr_
    rabbitlvr_ Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I think the food logger does allow for grams, but it's really funky. It'll list it as 1 gram, but I think you'd have to add in how many grams you measured. It also allows you to view the nutrition info before you log, but CC's feature to see it in real-time was nice :(
  • mactammonty
    mactammonty Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I figured out how to add grams in a weird way. Sometimes it lists it as 100 g and you have to adjust the serving size. Other times I need to scroll down the list of items until I find one that has grams as the serving size.
    It is just a matter of measuring somethings with ounces instead of grams too.
  • lwr731
    lwr731 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    It took me a bit to understand how to adjust the calories for my serving size: If it shows the serving as one cup, but I had 1/4-cup, I change the serving size to .25.
  • rabbitlvr_
    rabbitlvr_ Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Maybe with all of us CC refugees, we can add pressure to the tech support at MFP and they'll change it!
  • BattyKnitter
    BattyKnitter Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    I really miss how in CC when I put in a recipe it told me how many grams for 1 serving. Now when I make a big pot of something I either have to dirty another pot to measure the whole thing or separate it all into portions right away. MFP is such a pain, I miss my grams for everything! I mean even if you logged a cup of something CC would tell you how many grams that was.
  • kcstar73
    kcstar73 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    For those who are missing "grams", see "Settings" and scroll down to "Change Units". Hope it helps!