Yay back in control

Chillycatmum
Chillycatmum Posts: 188 Member
It's been a long time coming, but I have managed 3 full days of being back on track and I am already feeling the benefits - am listening to my body and following what if feels it needs - thanks to those of you who gave me a gentle kick up the butt - it took this and something my son said for me to finally realise I wasn't doing myself any favours.

Hoping to keep this feeling and start to gain my health back

Replies

• rugged1529
    rugged1529 Posts: 95 Member
    Well congrats on getting back on track! We all go through it sometimes!
  • eneild
    eneild Posts: 198 Member
    edited March 2017
    Well done getting back on track!
  • genmon00
    genmon00 Posts: 604 Member
    Whoo hoo you CAN do this!
  • mjc718
    mjc718 Posts: 15 Member
    Good job. Getting started is always the hardest part.
  • ked24_7
    ked24_7 Posts: 11 Member
    The third day is always my downfall, congrats to you for pushing thru!!! Way to go!
  • memelizzy
    memelizzy Posts: 101 Member
    Congrats! logging always helps me stay on track and encourages me to keep going through the tough times. You can do it! :)
  • cstehansen
    cstehansen Posts: 1,984 Member
    One thing Dr Grant Schofield said was (and I am paraphrasing here) - It takes the same amount of work to be successful or to be unsuccessful. It is just a matter of when and how you pay.

In terms of eating, it is either make the hard choices up front (which continue to get easier) or pay for it in terms of feeling like crap later as your health continues to decline.

Keep it up and know that if you stick to it, a month from now, it will be much easier and 6 months from now you will have a hard time understanding anyone who would ever go back.
  • 1thankful_momma
    1thankful_momma Posts: 298 Member
    Yay! That must feel amazing. I too struggle with that third day. This time I'm hoping to make it through now that I am a bit more prepared on the 'emotional eating/binging' issue I'm working to overcome.
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,802 Member
    Great job! I'm glad you are feeling better!
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    That's great news!
    I hope you're still going strong!
    You got this!
  • Chillycatmum
    Chillycatmum Posts: 188 Member
    Yep still going strong - mostly meat, although am having a few veggies in certain things, everything else causes discomfort - I attempted to change my coffee from lactofree milk to cream today and got more discomfort so need to consider eliminating dairy - definitely finding my body doesn't cope with many foods, it's now about making my mind realise it properly and stop eating the foods that are causing me problems
  • WVWalkerFriend
    WVWalkerFriend Posts: 575 Member
    Great job! My own track seems to be full of detours, lol.
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Awesome! I'm glad to see you back on track and posting. <3
  • tinachris14
    tinachris14 Posts: 93 Member
    That's great, keep up the good work!
  • mmultanen
    mmultanen Posts: 1,029 Member
    For a long time I was a trained athlete, working with coaches and regularly competing. I had one coach who,said day 3 of anything "new" is the hardest. If you've made if through 3 days you can make it through anything.

I believe it. Real or not, its helped me through a lot,of "day 3s"
  • StrongGirlFitGirl
    StrongGirlFitGirl Posts: 183 Member
    Yay! Good job! I'm on Day One of being back again. I will remember all the advice when I hit day 3, especially because it coincides with the weekend!
  • slimzandra
    slimzandra Posts: 955 Member
    41adjk5vza27.jpg

One day at a time!! At 30 days you can look back and say WOW!