Really want a Woosh!

Options
JohnnyLowCarb
JohnnyLowCarb Posts: 418 Member
So after a great 25 lb loss I am stuck, I am keeping to a strict LCHF diet, my ketostix show purple, and each morning no progress, I am bouncing around 197 - 198. I have read that the fat cells could be filling up with water and if you stick with the LCHF long enough the fat cells will empty the water and thus the Woosh. Has this happened to YOU?

Replies

• tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    nope...but my measurements are shrinking even though my weight is not...I call it a win
  • Violet_Flux
    Violet_Flux Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    It has happened to me. In January I was stuck for almost the whole month. Then February went pretty good, then March I slowed right down again until two days ago.

I don't have anything to suggest, other than bear in mind weight loss is not linear and there's always ups and downs. As long as the overall long-term trend is downwards, it's working.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    Yes. It certainly has.
    Find my post titled "There's no such thing as a stall" in the FAQ...
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    Never happened to me though it does seem to be a phenomenon with many. I lost consistently around a pound or 2 pounds per week until I was done but I wasn't losing via keto and don't think I was terribly unhealthy needing "time to heal". I was just overweight.

Patience as mentioned above. Weight loss isn't precisely linear and I can about guarantee you will lose it way faster than the years it probably took to gain it. Patience.
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    That's exactly where my husband has been stuck for the past several weeks! He hasn't had a woosh yet (he's not really LCHF though; just lower carb in general, moderate fat and protein).

FWIW, I plateaued for about a month when I was initially doing keto for weight loss. Both times I did a two-day egg fast, I ended up having a woosh right after. YMMV.
  • McShorty7
    McShorty7 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I find that fasting for most of a day then eating a really big strip loin or ribeye steak with butter or cream cheese causes a bit of a whoosh
  • tinachris14
    tinachris14 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I love a good whoosh! I go about 2-3 weeks between them.
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    Options
    johnnylew wrote: »
    So after a great 25 lb loss I am stuck, I am keeping to a strict LCHF diet, my ketostix show purple, and each morning no progress, I am bouncing around 197 - 198. I have read that the fat cells could be filling up with water and if you stick with the LCHF long enough the fat cells will empty the water and thus the Woosh. Has this happened to YOU?

Your body is gonna stall at some point, even if you are a male. ;) Let it adjust and make sure you note your non scale victories. How are your health markers doing? Are your pants falling down? Shirt button up smoothly over the gut now? Those kind of things.

I am in the middle of a long stall, only dropped a couple of lbs. in 3 months, but down two pants sizes, my blood work was great this month, down a shirt & bra size. I am not looking as flabby as when I just ate low fat, low cal to lose.
    Keep Calm and Carry On.