Introductions

Options

Replies

• rfrieman
    rfrieman Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    theowlbox wrote: »
    Hi All!

I'm a single 38 year old woman and I will be losing between 175 and 200 lbs. (I'm 5' 11")
    I've been overweight my whole life but haven't really tried to do a structured diet before. I am very happy with the changes I'm making and the results I'm achieving. I really feel like things are just falling into place.
    But I started doing this now because I only just recently got to the point of feeling capable of actually making these changes. I have really struggled with anxiety and stress and perfectionism and it's just continually sunk my battleship. Now that it's all clicking (*and* i can not be hard on myself when it's *not* clicking) i'm just making habits and watching them net results.
    Because I have already stressed out and punished myself and been super critical of myself, I'm kind of done with it and am really finding this to be a super positive experience. (It also helps that I'm a fairly upbeat person). I would love to make friends on here as I know it can really help. I'm also totally down with sharing my food diary, which may freak people out, because I think having more data is good.

Hello theowlbox and welcome to this forum. My name is Rhonda and I am 57 years young. I have met a lot of very nice and helpful people on this site. You will find others like you and may be able to get some good advise or tips to help you along your journey. I will add you as a friend if you don't mind. There are other forums under the Let's lose 100 lbs where we post our accomplishments, scale victories, non scale victories, etc. You might want to check those out as well.
  • CaydensMommy
    CaydensMommy Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm Jessica, I'm 32. This is just the group I was looking for! I also need to lose 100+ lbs. I am currently "on again" in this on again, off again weight loss struggle. I'm hoping there won't be no "off again". Just need a kick in the pants from time to time. :D Expect to get friend requests from me!
  • rfrieman
    Options
    tater28655 wrote: »
    Hello! I'm Jessica, I'm 32. This is just the group I was looking for! I also need to lose 100+ lbs. I am currently "on again" in this on again, off again weight loss struggle. I'm hoping there won't be no "off again". Just need a kick in the pants from time to time. :D Expect to get friend requests from me!

Welcome Jessica. My name is Rhonda. This is a great forum and I get so many good tips and motivation from everyone here. I am sure you will too. Send me a friend request.
  • mjj79
    mjj79 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Hi! I've been overweight about 95%of my life...really all but 3 or 4 years of my life. I've lost a lot of weight before doing severe calorie restriction/meal replacement. I have Hashimotos and Autoimmune Joint Disease, both which make exercise a challenge. I just had baby number six 8 months ago...I have about 110 lbs to lose and, to be honest, not much faith that I can actually do it. I've tried every diet under the sun over the past 4 years and my weight has only gone up.
    I'm confused /uncertain about how many calories to try to eat...I do use a Fitbit which says I supposedly burn around 2900 cals a day without exercise. If that's the case why haven't I been losing? I certainly don't eat more calories than that. Anyway, I'm rambling. Sorry. As you can see I'm in desperate need of support. Thank you!
  • anna4anna
    anna4anna Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    mjj79 wrote: »
    Hi! I've been overweight about 95%of my life...really all but 3 or 4 years of my life. I've lost a lot of weight before doing severe calorie restriction/meal replacement. I have Hashimotos and Autoimmune Joint Disease, both which make exercise a challenge. I just had baby number six 8 months ago...I have about 110 lbs to lose and, to be honest, not much faith that I can actually do it. I've tried every diet under the sun over the past 4 years and my weight has only gone up.
    I'm confused /uncertain about how many calories to try to eat...I do use a Fitbit which says I supposedly burn around 2900 cals a day without exercise. If that's the case why haven't I been losing? I certainly don't eat more calories than that. Anyway, I'm rambling. Sorry. As you can see I'm in desperate need of support. Thank you!

Welcome to the group! Wow baby number 6! I just wanted to say that feel free to add me if you like, I love sharing mutual support and encouragement. Are you starting with the calorie goal MFP suggested? Are you eating exercise calories back? Measuring/weighing food as accurate as possible? Imo...Calorie goals really depend on what works for you/your lifestyle and it sounds like you have to also consider your own personal health concerns. My choice in the way I eat is mainly to handle PCOS/insulin resistance, so maybe you might benefit from speaking to a nutritionist or dietician. Sometimes it isn't solely about the amount of calories we eat- but what we eat can also influence our progress.

I'm really glad you're here, and I hope you can find that faith in yourself that you can do this. Because you can!

• anna4anna
    Options
    tater28655 wrote: »

Welcome Jessica! Feel free to friend request me, I've met some really kind and supportive folks around here. Best of luck on your journey!
  • anna4anna
    Options
    theowlbox wrote: »
    Hi All!

I'm a single 38 year old woman and I will be losing between 175 and 200 lbs. (I'm 5' 11")
    I've been overweight my whole life but haven't really tried to do a structured diet before. I am very happy with the changes I'm making and the results I'm achieving. I really feel like things are just falling into place.
    But I started doing this now because I only just recently got to the point of feeling capable of actually making these changes. I have really struggled with anxiety and stress and perfectionism and it's just continually sunk my battleship. Now that it's all clicking (*and* i can not be hard on myself when it's *not* clicking) i'm just making habits and watching them net results.
    Because I have already stressed out and punished myself and been super critical of myself, I'm kind of done with it and am really finding this to be a super positive experience. (It also helps that I'm a fairly upbeat person). I would love to make friends on here as I know it can really help. I'm also totally down with sharing my food diary, which may freak people out, because I think having more data is good.

Welcome @theowlbox I totally know what you mean about being super critical of ourselves and perfectionism, I still am working on the whole "being my own worst enemy" thing. I'm so glad to hear that you are embarking on a more positive outlook. I have an open diary as well. Feel free to message me any time, I'm always on MFP- it's almost obsessive LOL. Best of luck with your journey!
  • laurenistryin
    laurenistryin Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi guys, my name is Lauren and I'm new to the MFP community. Feel free to add me! I'd love to find friends to share with and help keep each other motivated & on track.
    A little about me:
    I've tried losing weight several times in the past and ended up gaining the weight back, plus more. My average weight throughout most of my adult life was around 240- 250. And for years I talked myself into believing that I was just meant to be bigger and to be happy with the way that I was. I've always been confident and learned to be, or at least to pretend, that I was comfortable at a size 18. The truth is that I was never 100% happy or comfortable, and l wanted to look differently. But now I'm trying to focus on getting healthy, changing my lifestyle, educating myself, setting smaller attainable short term goals, and keeping the weight off for good.
    I'll take all the help I can get!
    I'm just discovering the amazing community on MFP and I'm excited to make friends and help each other reach our goals. We can do it together!!

5 lb lost so far :)
    5'7
    SW: 297
    CW: 292
    GW: 180

I hope you guys have a great day!
  • Abbybabbyboo
    Abbybabbyboo Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Hi all
    I'm Abby and I'm here again, committing to myself to make healthier choices and find gratitude daily! I have over 100 pounds to lose so I'll be around for awhile
  • abbelina04
    abbelina04 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!
    My goal is to lose about 120lbs! It is so nice and encouraging to hear other people have similar goals! The thought of losing 120lbs is so overwhelming to me but it's so nice not to feel alone! I am determined to lose this weight and become a healthier happier person!
  • Jirachii
    Jirachii Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Welcome everyone! Glad to see you joining up!
  • GMFDOM
    GMFDOM Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Gemma. I have over 100 lbs to loose and finding it tough. I am waiting on knee surgery (not an excuse) so trying to find other ways to exercise - found the bike is good so joined a cycling group and building up the miles - on Monday went to my first water aerobics class and although didn't love it will keep going back if it helps me keep loosing the lbs.

So I'm looking for help and encouragement - I know me I start strong and then I let life get in the way. Any help or advise would be great. Also any other suggestions for working out that is low impact on the joints would be much appreciated.

Thanks again and excited to see the pounds fall away - it may be slow but I am determined they will fall away.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.
  • anna4anna
    Options
    Welcome to all of you new members! Glad to have you here. And best of luck on your journey. Feel free to add me :)
  • Jirachii
    Jirachii Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    GMFDOM wrote: »
    Hi I'm Gemma. I have over 100 lbs to loose and finding it tough. I am waiting on knee surgery (not an excuse) so trying to find other ways to exercise - found the bike is good so joined a cycling group and building up the miles - on Monday went to my first water aerobics class and although didn't love it will keep going back if it helps me keep loosing the lbs.

So I'm looking for help and encouragement - I know me I start strong and then I let life get in the way. Any help or advise would be great. Also any other suggestions for working out that is low impact on the joints would be much appreciated.

Thanks again and excited to see the pounds fall away - it may be slow but I am determined they will fall away.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

You can try weight lifting! You don't have to go in guns blazing, but if you're worried about your joints, lifting isn't anywhere near as hard on them as aerobics. My knees hurt a bit when I run, but I haven't had that issue doing leg day at the gym. The "bad" side is that you might gain weight in muscle. The good side is that this muscle increases your metabolism thus eating more fat.

I've stopped hitting the gym right now because I'm not finding 2 days a week at my school's tiny weight room to be sustainable. Too many things get in the way, but I am definitely looking into getting a membership at a nearby gym in the summer.
  • happygirlxxx
    happygirlxxx Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Hi All, My name is Ana and I am 41 years old. I started the weight loss journey about 4 months ago, but tracking my food and exercise in MFP since January.

I have not been overweight all my life, but after I got married I started gaining weight non stop and its not that I did not care about it, but always had the excuse why not to do something ... not even when I got really sick 5 years ago which for many would have been a wake up call.

Anyways, left my job some months back and with tons of free time I have no excuse not to take care of myself ... so finally decided to handle the situation and here I am 36lbs lighter.

Ideally I should lose another 80lbs .. so trying my best to accomplish it.

I am not crazy about super strict diets, so I eat a bit of everything, but trying to stay within calories assigned and exercising 5 times a week.

I wish everyone the best with their weight loss journey and looking forward to the group postings.

Feel free to add me :smiley:

• CO_BigNick
    CO_BigNick Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Nick here in Colorado. Helped when I played college ball, but now the weight has to go. Just busted the 100 to go mark last week, and hoping to get to 3 bills before July for Grand Canyon white water raft trip. Good luck to all and feel free to add.
  • Ms_Gemini89
    Ms_Gemini89 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!! I'm Myra. Im 27 years old, about 4'11 and weigh a whopping 275.7 lbs! Ugh. My highest is 285 so I've lost about 10 lbs so far. I just found out I'm a type 2 diabetic last week so I'm definitely needing to change my lifestyle. The past 4 days I've been doing really good drinking 5 bottles of water a day. (I barely drank 1 bottle a day). So my ultimate goal is to either for into a size 7-8 or lose 140 lbs...whichever comes first lol. For now I'm making small goals. i.e (walking at least a mile everyday, drinking 4 bottles of water everyday and logging my food). I can't wait to see all our transformations!! Please feel free to add me.
  • rfrieman
    Options
    CO_BigNick wrote: »
    Nick here in Colorado. Helped when I played college ball, but now the weight has to go. Just busted the 100 to go mark last week, and hoping to get to 3 bills before July for Grand Canyon white water raft trip. Good luck to all and feel free to add.

Welcome Nick.

This is Rhonda. I have found this site to be so helpful with the logging of the food and exercise and the forums have so much information that can assist with your journey. Good luck.
  • seika1385
    seika1385 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

My name is Danielle...I've struggled with weight all my life. Packed it on when I was a kid and have prob tried every diet out there. Only time I've had any sort of success is when I plan meals and play with the food I like to make the healthier instead of the latest fad. So I'm out to do this again...but I've always done it on my own and not really had a support network...ok that's not true..,I have plenty of people who care and cheer me on but it's all cheering no...accountability? I think I want to say.

I made a promise to myself I would never hit 300 lbs. Stepped on a scale about a month ago and mouth dropped as I saw the number 289 pop up. Not only that but I've been having back and knee issues...I'm always tired...and I'm 31 and heart disease runs in the fam.

So I'm starting my journey again and I really am trying to make it stick this to me...been seriously working at it for 2 weeks now and ready to battle