Anyone else dreading the "Easter Bunny"

Options
my4andme333
my4andme333 Posts: 140 Member
I've had crazy awesome self-control since I started Keto but man I am not looking forward to Easter morning or the night before where I might binge on all those sugary carbs my kids are expecting from the Easter Bunny lol. My kids don't usually get candy except for on Holidays when Santa or the Easter Bunny bring them stuff. Hopefully I'll be able to control myself and let the kids eat their treats instead of me! HAHA

Replies

• nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Ha! I already did that. I bought a Cadbury egg, on sale, for each kid's basket. Luckily I only have 3 kids! :D

I've been carb craving again lately, and it is worse since eating those three eggs, so I will wait until just before easter to buy it. Then I'll package it up so I have harder access.

Funny how it is tougher this year. Last year I was more keen and did not even try a bite. shrugs.
  • my4andme333
    Options
    I made the mistake a few days ago of getting some tictacs, they said 0g carbs so I thought I was in the clear until I added what I ate to my food diary and it said I had carbs, so after I looked at the package in small print there was a note saying there were .3 g cards per tictac, UGH I need to read labels better! Those tictacs I ate maxed out my carbs for the day after what I had for lunch so I had a VERY fatty dinner that night with no carbs to compensate lol
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    LOL
    0.3g per tic tac, eh? I always wondered how much was in those. I tend to keep them in my bag for my kids.
  • mjc718
    mjc718 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I am and I have 5 kids. However we have replaced some of the sugar with other things. A coloring book, a small toy, a stuffed animal, costume jewelry, matchbox cars, etc. We still give them some sweets but far less than we did 5 years ago. What sweets we do give them they guard like their lives depend on it. With that many siblings they have to.
  • my4andme333
    Options
    mjc718 wrote: »
    I am and I have 5 kids. However we have replaced some of the sugar with other things. A coloring book, a small toy, a stuffed animal, costume jewelry, matchbox cars, etc. We still give them some sweets but far less than we did 5 years ago. What sweets we do give them they guard like their lives depend on it. With that many siblings they have to.

I'm with ya, 4 kids here and since they never get sugary treats they'll hoard them too lol, I'm more worried about the night before when I'll end up eating everything then they'll be stuck with just coloring books and a few other things and cry they didn't get candy LOL...Note to self I WILL NOT EAT THE CANDY
  • AlexandraCarlyle
    AlexandraCarlyle Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    I honestly hate to sound smug, but no, I have no cravings or fear of slipping up, at all.... we have a little bowl of mini chocolate Easter eggs, given to me at work, and there they sit, untouched.... and have been for 2 weeks now....
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    Options
    If you are fearful of eating while you put the baskets together, make sure you do it after a filling meal.

Since I don't have kids, nope no fear of the Easter Bunny at all.
  • treehugnmama
    treehugnmama Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    I'm buying a few days before....learned the hard way at Christmas...rebougjt those stoking treats 4 times ugg. I'm also buy packaged items so no eating to make it even odd candy out lol. each are getting a couple favs and that's it. they love the hunt of the egg hunt so maybe make that longer and less treats more itunes card a etc.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    I only fear the "Post-Easter Bunny" when all the chocolate goes on sale so they can get rid of the themed stuff. My dream is for the $19 Lindt Bar Assortment Pak to go on sale for cheap, but it's never less than $14.
    Dark-Chocolate-Assortment-EXCELLENCE-Gift-Box_main_450x_8089.png
  • JohnnyLowCarb
    JohnnyLowCarb Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Luckily my 8 year old son is not a candy fan. He gets a NHL Hockey Team Jersey instead. No problem at my house!
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    most of our candy comes in eggs the kids have to hunt, so I don't steal it from them since they had to earn it, and the adults don't get a basket, so I don't have to worry about that...

I did order homemade eggs for the kids this year - and I can't remember how many I ordered so I don't know if I ordered one for me or not...but if I did I'll just keep it in the refrigerator and go with small amounts only on weekends...I'm usually way under on weekends anyway because I'm too busy to eat.
  • cr8ivewonder
    cr8ivewonder Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I'm making a honest effort to only give my son one treat this year...the rest will be non-food related items. I know he will get a ton from his grandparents...and hopefully eat it while there so I'm not tempted. Cream Eggs make my life complete....or DID.
  • my4andme333
    Options
    canadjineh wrote: »
    I only fear the "Post-Easter Bunny" when all the chocolate goes on sale so they can get rid of the themed stuff. My dream is for the $19 Lindt Bar Assortment Pak to go on sale for cheap, but it's never less than $14.
    Dark-Chocolate-Assortment-EXCELLENCE-Gift-Box_main_450x_8089.png

YES! This! OMGosh I'm dreading all the clearance candy HAHA! This post was more of a "joke" than anything but I appreciate all the feedback I'm sure if I feel the urge I'll come back to read all your posts :) I posted to remind myself not to eat the candy lol...I don't plan to give my kids many treats but we'll also be going to church that morning where they'll be getting candy plus my parents like to spoil them with tons of treats too.
  • swezeytba
    swezeytba Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Lucky for me I only have one daughter who is 16 and whole family is doing low carb now so if we do anything it will probably be 1 piece of dark chocolate for a treat.

She has lost 15 lbs and is loving getting some new clothes so she would probably prefer that over candy now....
  • bametels
    bametels Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    I have stopped buying unhealthy food treats for my grandchildren. Now when I visit or they come here, they look forward to sharing some low-carb treats, such as homemade granola and receiving little non-food gifts such as books, stickers, or craft kits. The latter gives us something to do together, which they look forward to. Wish I had done the same with my daughters.
  • wimberleybonnette737
    wimberleybonnette737 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I know it's not great but Russell Stovers makes SF chocolate covered marshmallow eggs. Sold as single servings. I had 2 the other day. So yummy, but def triggered my sugar monster and all the sugar alcohols had the "effect" they warn about. Lol.
  • pacific904
    pacific904 Posts: 92 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    In the UK, Cadburys, Marks and Spencer and Thorntons do great Easter eggs - my partner will completely ignore my plea not to get me one - and I will end up with at least two. I cope with that by breaking them in bits and putting the bits in a plastic bag and then in the freezer. Each day I allow myself one bit. A bit childish I know but it works.
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    Whopper eggs the day after easter. And Reeses Eggs. Oh man...
  • Kitnthecat
    Kitnthecat Posts: 2,047 Member
    Options
    Luckily for me, my street is closed due to sewer renewal construction. I usually host Easter dinner, but there is nowhere for my guests to park, so dinner is off. I don't have to buy any treats! The candy dish has some Cadbury mini eggs in it for my daughter to nibble on. I will just make us a simple Easter dinner for us. I think I look forward to ham and devilled eggs and asparagus more. I'll make some cheesy cauliflower too.
  • mmultanen
    mmultanen Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    We started putting money in the plastic eggs just so I didn't have chocolate in the house cause i bought the good stuff, man. Even if the kids didnt appreciate it.

All of em,get sunglasses, coloring books, sidewalk chalk and the teen girl gets a purse and lipstick usually so I really do keep the candy to a minimum.

They all get kinder eggs even though I,now have to smuggle them in cause American laws deem them dangerous. But you know....they can have guns in schools. *cough*