First Challenge Starts Day 1 - Prepare Now

Options
kayjosh2422
kayjosh2422 Posts: 864 Member
Just found out about this and thought this might be good for everyone here, no matter your fitness level.
walkathome.com/great-walk-challenge/

The Great Walk Challenge: 1 mile a day for 100 days!
Leslie Sansone does a great walk at home work out, and her challenge is just that walking either indoors or outdoors. Follow one of her videos on your tube or her website at walkathome.com/ No matter what this is something that will be great to do. You walk a mile a day or 15 minutes. You track it on her free downloadable calendar and you will have completed this ongoing challenge. This starts the day this challenge begins so go on and download your free calander and get your walking shoes ready. I have also extended this challenge to get us all the way through the end of this 100 days!

This is FREE so no excuses peeps!

Replies

• kayjosh2422
    Options
    Sorry, starts April 5th..lol I should wear my reading glasses
  • dbackgrammy
    dbackgrammy Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I am new to this challenge and not sure what to expect. I am excited that this is our first challenge, as walking is my cardio of choice. I've downloaded the calendar as the challenge indicated and ready to walk away the pounds. Thanks for setting this one up.
  • diggydog2
    diggydog2 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Walking is my #1 exercise. Today I logged my best day yet. 0djiom8p4upn.jpg
    14,043 steps and 5.5 miles! This challenge will be my incentive to not skip a single day.
  • marcelka77
    marcelka77 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Hi I love walking and do more than 1-2 miles a day but my choice of exercise is run as I am preparing for my 3rd marathon so I could be logging runs instead of walks
  • marcelka77
    marcelka77 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    marcelka77 wrote: »
    Hi I love walking and do more than 1-2 miles a day but my choice of exercise is run as I am preparing for my 3rd marathon so I could be logging runs instead of walks

But saying so yesterday I only walked for 1 hour 2.5-3 miles :) I was too early for meeting but too late to go home so I decided to skip buss ;)
  • megannxx
    megannxx Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    I clicked download the calender, and nothing happened. Anyone else with that problem?
  • cycletrak1
    cycletrak1 Posts: 607 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    megannxx wrote: »
    I clicked download the calender, and nothing happened. Anyone else with that problem?

@megannxx I signed up using my computer. I didn't want to "download" calendar to computer because I thought it was something digital to record the walking on a phone, so didn't click the download. After I read the confirmation email it talked about a calendar to print out. I went back to the site and entered name and email again. It then brought up a window that said "Challenge Accepted" and button to click for calendar. When I clicked it, it opened up a PDF window showing the calendar so that it could be printed.

Hope this helps.

:flowerforyou:
  • cycletrak1
    cycletrak1 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    For some reason it wouldn't let me edit my previous post. Grrrr....

After reading more of the acceptance email, further down on the page is an example of how to fill the calendar out and a LINK to download the calendar. Sometimes when I don't know what I'm doing, I end up doing things the hard way! LOL

Hope this helps.

:flowerforyou:
  • megannxx
    megannxx Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    There was nothing that came up. No notification that there was a file downloaded, nothing. The only email I received was to verify my email, and that basically just had a link for me to click on. I wonder if it's only limited to the states? (I'm from canada, so it would make sense.)
  • kayjosh2422
    Options
    all is was in the download was a calendar marking off the days and what you walked, I will see if I can scan it and post it for you.
  • Mspmpayne
    Mspmpayne Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I just photographed the 3 sheets with my iPhone and printed them out from there.
  • RamonaMoon
    RamonaMoon Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Great, count me in for this! walking is my exercise of choice at the moment so hopefully this will keep me on track with it!

Good luck everyone.
  • lalajka
    lalajka Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I have no way of tracking miles, but in the challenge it says to walk 1 mile or 15 min a day. So I'll be tracking minutes. Today was a nice 40 min walk :)
  • kayjosh2422
    Options
    Great going folks. Today I did 2 miles. Onward and upward
  • livingandlovinglife
    livingandlovinglife Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Today I did the 1 mile WATP Express with the stretchie band.
  • dbackgrammy
    dbackgrammy Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Today I did 4.5 miles while pushing a stroller. I'm enjoying the good weather before it gets too hot to walk outside.
  • diggydog2
    Options
    Today I did 4.5 miles while pushing a stroller. I'm enjoying the good weather before it gets too hot to walk outside.

That's awesome! I try to do at least 4 miles a day but I have to break it up into smaller segments. Some in the morning, then during break and lunch, and more after work. I'm not pushing a stroller but I am being pulled by an 18 pound dog. He makes sure I'm not lagging. Lol
  • diggydog2
    Options
    Today I did the 1 mile WATP Express with the stretchie band.

What is WATP Express?
  • livingandlovinglife
    livingandlovinglife Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    It's an old "Walk Away the Pounds" (WATP) dvd from Leslie that I love and seem to keep going back to all the time. It was called Express because a long time ago, her one mile dvds took longer than 15 minutes. Then, she created her Express dvd which was only 15 minutes for one mile.
  • diggydog2
    Options
    I have some of her dvds. I haven't done them in a while. I do most of my walking outdoors so I can take my fur kid. He gets depressed when we don't walk. And then I feel guilty. He has me well trained.