30 Day Shred Calories Burned?

Options
roundcanuck
roundcanuck Posts: 12 Member
edited March 2017 in Social Groups
Hi everyone so I've just finished my first session of the 30 Day Shred level 1 video. Surprisingly I feel pretty good though I did sweat a lot! I'm now trying to figure out how to log the session on MFP. I can't seem to find an existing entries for this video and so I've created one, "30 Day Shred Level 1" but i'm not entirely sure how many calories to input that I burned. Apparently Jillian Michael's has a calculation that she suggests to figure this out: 3.267 x your weight, divided by 3. This will give you calories burned for 20 minute video. That would put me at 175 calories burned. Does this seem right to you guys? Any thoughts or suggestions? Others seemingly have just inputed it as general circuit training but I'd rather have it more specific.

Replies

• chandraminick
    chandraminick Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone so I've just finished my first session of the 30 Day Shred level 1 video. Surprisingly I feel pretty good though I did sweat a lot! I'm now trying to figure out how to log the session on MFP. I can't seem to find an existing entries for this video and so I've created one, "30 Day Shred Level 1" but i'm not entirely sure how many calories to input that I burned. Apparently Jillian Michael's has a calculation that she suggests to figure this out: 3.267 x your weight, divided by 3. This will give you calories burned for 20 minute video. That would put me at 175 calories burned. Does this seem right to you guys? Any thoughts or suggestions? Others seemingly have just inputed it as general circuit training but I'd rather have it more specific.

I use that same equation, and log it under cardio.
  • roundcanuck
    roundcanuck Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Okay great so that does seem right! I was starting to get overwhelmed with all of the info I found online lol
  • joannezuk
    joannezuk Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    That sounds pretty close. I use a heart rate monitor that computes my cals burned, and depending on my effort, level 1 burns somewhere between 148-189 calories in 26 minutes.
  • chandraminick
    chandraminick Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    Ya, the shred doesn't really burn that many calories per session, but the benefits that I found that I got out of it other than the weight loss were well worth the pain and effort that I have put into the program. The fitness level that it will raise you to if you stick it out is so beneficial.