April 1 Sign-In

Options
RangerRickL
RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?
Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?

Replies

• RangerRickL
    RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
    Options
    lpsv9jjmw5s0.gif
    If it's your first month with the UAC team...Welcome!!
    If you've chosen to share another month with me and your UAC team mates, then I'm honored that you chose to rejoin the team!
    Rick
  • neepex27
    neepex27 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Good morning from Manitoba! I'm happy to take part in this group.

I'll be staying on track and doing country Heat for 30 mins today, hopefully taking in a walk today if the rain holds off and will be staying within my 1250 calorie goal since I went over last night eating out.

Have a great day everyone! Keep active
  • lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    Options
    5cheetahs wrote: »
    Question: do you find it better to log in food for the day in the morning and try stick to it or log in as you go throughout the day?

I usually log the next day's food the night before. In the beginning, I would have the diary in front of me as weighed, measured, and prepared. Since I tend to eat the same things, I don't need to refer to my diary much anymore before I eat. It can be changed easily if the need arises. If I eat something not planned, I log it and make adjustments. I lose focus if I log throughout the day as I eat.
  • pendennis
    pendennis Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    5cheetahs wrote: »
    Question: do you find it better to log in food for the day in the morning and try stick to it or log in as you go throughout the day?

Good Morning! I log all my food that I will be taking with me the night before. This makes my mornings less hectic. I log my breakfast smoothie as I make it and my dinner as I make it.
  • SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    Happy April Fools day!!!
    Having issues getting on here this morning. Loads of rain and an occasional snow flake. Shopping and laundry are done. My husband placed an order for subs and a large pizza for me to pick up. When I got there they asked me what I would like as my husband told them to ask. I go I am good I am going to pass. I don't want to take any chances with my stomach. Lol

I log when ever it's possible. I too eat the same things day in and day out so it's only if my routine gets a jolt that I go make sure to log it so I am right on track. Plus I am part of a study group so I have to log everything on that site so I don't always log it into mfp too.
  • pribud
    pribud Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    can someone tell me how to copy someone else's post to be able to reply to it?

to 5cheetahs I track my food every morning sometimes even the night before, I put the basics of my meals in first and then see what I have to play with before adding extras to them. Of course I have to make adjustments from time to time as things can change in an instant but this works for me and helps me to stay on track. I also try very hard to stay within the guidelines of protein, carbs, fat, sodium and sugar, I wish now I had of started with just the calories and focused on the others as I became more comfortable but I am too stubborn to change....lol
  • pendennis
    pendennis Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    pribud wrote: »
    can someone tell me how to copy someone else's post to be able to reply to it?

to 5cheetahs I track my food every morning sometimes even the night before, I put the basics of my meals in first and then see what I have to play with before adding extras to them. Of course I have to make adjustments from time to time as things can change in an instant but this works for me and helps me to stay on track. I also try very hard to stay within the guidelines of protein, carbs, fat, sodium and sugar, I wish now I had of started with just the calories and focused on the others as I became more comfortable but I am too stubborn to change....lol

If you look at the bottom of a post it has this:

April 1, 2017 10:46AM Flag Quote · Insightful Inspiring Like Awesome

Just click the "Quote" and it shows up in your Reply box and you can type your message ;)
  • SweetPeasMom55
    Options
    Have been active all day later I will have to make sure I have all my calories as I am not in the mood to eat. Lots accomplished so I will be able to get my mom out to the veggie man tomorrow. Plus I can make a list and pick up everything I forgot to get today. I felt like things just left my brain today when I left the house. I can't wait for warm weather every time I look outside and see it snowing I get cranky.
  • phoebelayla
    phoebelayla Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    Congratulations to:
    @2020pinktogo
    @lovesretirement
    @chermac2015
    @fightingthetideofaging
    @SheilaCali

You all are amazing and inspiring!!!!
  • phoebelayla
    phoebelayla Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    Hi @aeshippers. I have family that lives in NZ. My brother and family live in Wellington and we have visited a few times- mostly the North Island. Lovely place! I myself am in Northern California. Great job planning ahead so that you could enjoy your dinner out!

It was interesting to hear the responses on the tracking ahead and that some people tend to eat the same thing a lot. Sometimes I will track ahead, especially if I am wavering and want to make sure I follow my plan, or to make sure everything will budget out if I am doing something different such as a party/eating out. I tend to eat the same thing for breakfast and lunch (though have changed it up recently) and mix it up at dinner.
  • aeshippers
    aeshippers Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Hi @phoebelayla I have been living in semi-rural north Canterbury just outside Christchurch for 7 years since moving over here from the UK and I love it. I may be biased but south island is better ;)

I'm a log as I go kind of person although I eat the same breakfast every weekday and have a go-to breakfast on the weekend too. My normal weekday lunch is something that I make a batch of at the weekend and freeze in portions and mostly are portioned to a similar calorie count so makes things easy.
  • SweetPeasMom55
    Options
    @phoebelayla so envy your beautiful weather!!
  • fitqueenbess
    fitqueenbess Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Yea winners! And how wonderful to have new members from all over the globe!

I am more successful when I pre-track. It helps me plan, gives me a budget to work with when I make changes, and provides the mental fortitude to refuse things I already knew I should eat.

Exercise - Yes - 1600 meter swim and a 4 mile walk
    Tracking - Yes (pre-tracking, adjustments, and a few add-ons)
    Calories - Yes