20:4 :)

aaronmcl1
aaronmcl1 Posts: 2 Member
like most diets i was skeptical, but I threw caution to the proverbial wind and jumped on the 20:4 IF.
#1.) I kept my calories at about 1,500-1,700 each day.
#2.) In my window ill be sure to leave some room for dessert (to appease the inner fat kid).
#3.) I sip black coffee all day at work, and then drink sparkling water at home until about 6pm.
#4.) My energy is threw the roof. (I feel the need to get back into the gym, just to burn it off).
#5.) When i hit my target weight, ill be increasing back to the 2,200-2,500 range.

I started 22 days ago at 230lbs, today i am sitting at 209lbs... this diet rocks... if i keep loosing about 1 pound a day... ill be at my target weight in no time... I had all but given up on the idea of getting back to fit.

What are you all doing, what ticks of the trade do you implement to help the process along?

Replies

• DeeDiddyGee
    DeeDiddyGee Posts: 601 Member
    aaronmcl1 wrote: »
    like most diets i was skeptical, but I threw caution to the proverbial wind and jumped on the 20:4 IF.
    #1.) I kept my calories at about 1,500-1,700 each day.
    #2.) In my window ill be sure to leave some room for dessert (to appease the inner fat kid).
    #3.) I sip black coffee all day at work, and then drink sparkling water at home until about 6pm.
    #4.) My energy is threw the roof. (I feel the need to get back into the gym, just to burn it off).
    #5.) When i hit my target weight, ill be increasing back to the 2,200-2,500 range.

I started 22 days ago at 230lbs, today i am sitting at 209lbs... this diet rocks... if i keep loosing about 1 pound a day... ill be at my target weight in no time... I had all but given up on the idea of getting back to fit.

What are you all doing, what ticks of the trade do you implement to help the process along?

This is GREAT! Kudos. I have been doing this for 19 days and have lost 9 lbs. Are you exercising at all?
  • aaronmcl1
    aaronmcl1 Posts: 2 Member
    for the first 10 or so days i did not, but after that my energy started to build, and i am going 2 to 3 times a week.
  • SophieeBrook
    SophieeBrook Posts: 29 Member
    Im doing this right now! I woke up with such energy! I started yesterday so I dont have a lot of weight lost to say that it works, but at least my cravings are going away
  • cca1229
    cca1229 Posts: 23 Member
    I'm going to be starting this on Tuesday. I almost naturally do this already, I'm never hungry until mid-afternoon anyway. My problem is portions size and I like to eat at night. I'm sure I can do this so I'm very excited. What sort of macros do you guys follow if at all? Is yours just calorie based? Anything extra you can share? Thanks!
  • lpina2mi
    lpina2mi Posts: 425 Member
    edited July 2017
    I am ~3wks into IF and it has taken me that long to figure out half how to make it easy for me: #1 for 16:8 build upon platform already in place; I'm not much of a breakfast eater--so skip it AND be vigilant about no nightime eating #2 I exercise before eating, on Dr Fung's theory that my liver is storing yesterday's glycogen. #3 I can do 20:4 more easily when I had close to or more than 60% fat the previous day. Otherwise, I need to lean on coffee. It seems that the netcarbs can range 25g(wkdays)-40g(wkends) without any adverse affecton hunger the next day. #4 sucking on coarse mineral salt crystals (himalayan ~1/4tsp/day I dispense into a tiny bowl) throughout day helps too.

My weightloss has been steady rather than dramatic with IF (~1/2lb/wk), which may be due wt I lost before IF.