BPI Keto Bomb

Options
pdxhak
pdxhak Posts: 383 Member
edited March 2017 in Social Groups
BPI created a specific creamer for your coffee. Anyone every use this?

247_zoom_1481209652.png

obdivcakeo2a.png

Replies

• 1thankful_momma
    1thankful_momma Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    4 carbs? That seems like a lot... I do coconut milk mixed with cream and an espresso shot for a lot less.
    I wonder if it tastes good enough to use it for 4 carbs.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Maltodextrin has a higher glycemic index than even sugar. Seems like a very strange ingredient for a keto product

Ace-K, Carrageenan and titanium dioxide aren't looking good either. Even cellulose is nothing but a filler...
    Honestly, I just can't when it comes to keto "products"
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    Maltodextrin has a higher glycemic index than even sugar. Seems like a very strange ingredient for a keto product

Ace-K, Carrageenan and titanium dioxide aren't looking good either. Even cellulose is nothing but a filler...
    Honestly, I just can't when it comes to keto "products"

I'm with Sunny_Bunny_ on this one. 4g/carbs per serving seems very anti-keto, and flies in the face of the very thing the product is allegedly aiming for. (SMH) :#:*
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Hmmm, Glycemic Index of 130 compared to table sugar at 65 means that you get a superfast hit of carb energy which some people possibly might construe as that energetic feeling you can get from ketones. Fake sweetener, added gums, and a colour additive to impart whiteness (which has been labeled as a possible carcinogen in humans - it increased lung tumours in mice by 40%)
    https://chemicalsafetyfacts.org/titanium-dioxide/
    Jan 2017 published study: presse.inra.fr/en/Press-releases/Food-additive-E171

I'd save your money for real food ;)
  • suzqtme
    suzqtme Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I'll stick with coconut oil and cream in my coffee. Maltodextrin alone would stop me let alone all the other man made additives.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    Hooooly crap. This has to be the biggest "gotcha sucker" product that I have ever seen.
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,757 Member
    Options
    http://low-carb-scams.com/

This is an interesting read.