Week 1: Results and Plan for Week 2

Options
lemurcat12
lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
So how did people do and what do you want to do the same or different this week?

Replies

• lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    I had a pretty good week until the weekend. Got back into running first thing in the morning, which was a huge goal, and also got back into logging. Slept okay, although I forgot to track that, and drank way more coffee than intended, but the workouts (which I hit through Friday) and eating/logging was on point.

Other goals: I am doing a morning prayer/mediation practice and skipped only one day, so that was good, and I think it's helpful.

Weekend: I had a stomach flu or something from Friday night through end of the day Saturday. Skipped Saturday workout as a result (thought I was feeling better and went to a play that evening and regretted it -- nothing embarrassing, just felt bad). Took it easy Sunday morning, my usual long run day, and then in the evening I did the 5 mile run I'd planned for Saturday and felt good, but still like I was best not doing the long run. Maybe this evening if things work out.

Other than the weekend stuff I'm going to try to stay consistent and have a similar week this week.
  • tress29
    tress29 Posts: 614 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I was slightly over my calories almost every day this past week. Add too much restaurant food (read sodium!) and I'm up two pounds! Grrr. I did OK with water, but didn't get all of my exercise days in. It all adds up...
  • taniajoh
    taniajoh Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I have lost no weight last week..i've been feeling a little demotivated lately (maybe because the weight loss is getting slower and that I am very much an "immediate reward" person..I have to continue working on that..) . Anyway, i am doing my very best to get back on track and my goal for this week is to stay strictly within my calorie goal and go to the gym 3 times. Good luck all!
  • marcelka77
    marcelka77 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    I lost 1.8kg (4 pounds) and I managed to eat healthy (maybe 4 Ferraro Roche for Mother's Day- but otherwise stayed away from bread, sugars and other dangerous foods :smiley: )

... runs 7.5+21+7 = 35.5 B)<3

I am still addicted to my tap water with fresh lemon and ginger :) so I think I had 8 glasses a day

Targets for this week
    1 kg to loose
    20 km run per week ( I ha district meeting to attend and only 1 day off)
    Stay eating healthy and 8 glasses of water
  • SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    To get through these 2 weeks where I am working at the branch instead of the main office I am treating myself to diet coke. I work in the bank main office lots of rules the branch it's like a different planet. Plus the branch has a lot of goodies so I have my 1 diet coke and I feel ok. I have not increased the exercise yet.
  • SweetPeasMom55
    Options
    OMG this is going to be so hard we are on birthday number 2 today plus our quarterly luncheon. Stress level is like an 8 :# It's going to be a rough few weeks.
  • hkaccompanist
    hkaccompanist Posts: 100 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I fell off the wagon in Feb/Mar from my inability to resist snacks, yummy food from parties (every week we had at least one birthday or some sort of celebration), hanging out with friends (lunch/dinner). It is hard to be in social situation and be disciplined.
    I love healthy whole food (fruit, veggies) and drink water/unsweet tea only... but I also love snacks and other strong flavored food (haha pretty much everything), occasionally a can of coke seems great, then I regret having it pretty much right afterwards. Working on setting good habits now!
  • tress29
    Options
    (every week we had at least one birthday or some sort of celebration)
    I can honestly say the only good thing about my diabetes diagnosis is that I no longer snack! When you have to stop, test your blood glucose and dose insulin? Somehow that birthday cake isn't so enticing.

• barbhat13
    barbhat13 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Doing terrible with food while working thru tri training with banged up knees,crashed bike when a truck rear ended my car...but practicing swimming in a wetsuit,biking on a borrowed bike,and running only on pavement. Last trail race did my knees in. So....
    Got ten pounds to lose before end of April
    Ten more by challenge end...
    Decreasing processed snacks
    Get back on track.
    Photo is wetsuit practice area..up to 45 minutes
    r5tc2k46mn70.png
  • marcelka77
    marcelka77 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Hi
    What a beautiful place to exercise:) ... I only had 1 run this week and now trying to convince myself its time for second ;) ... it's lovely day in London sunshine and quiet warm weather so I have no excuse
  • SweetPeasMom55
    Options
    Oh am I out of shape. Today was work on the yard. OMG has it been 6 months since I went to a sit down job. Because I am feeling it. I think I keep saying I am ok because my coworkers are a lot younger and I am in better shape than them. I have to say it may be better but it's not great. Lol

Anyone use the trekking poles? I am considering them but then I think how do I carry my water?If I have a choice it would be water.
  • tress29
    Options
    Anyone use the trekking poles? I am considering them but then I think how do I carry my water?If I have a choice it would be water.
    I have a hydration pack that I love. It lets me carry 2L of water, has pockets for keys, jacket, snacks, even carried medications for band kids the year we went to Disney. It looks really dorky though when your teenagers walk up and start drinking! I broke down and bought them their own. They are great for bike riding too...