Has anyone had GERD go away with weight loss?

Options
NannersBalletLegs
NannersBalletLegs Posts: 207 Member
edited February 2017 in Social Groups
Hey, is this group still active? I was wondering if anyone has ever had their GERD go away with weight loss. I have been struggling with my weight for over five years now, and there has definitely been some overlap between that and the acid reflux issues. I'm back at the weight loss now, though, and am finally making real progress again. I've given up most dairy and fried foods— and that has helped some—but it's definitely still an issue, especially before I eat in the morning. Right before my TOM it gets horrible as well. I guess I'm just wondering if there is a GERD-free pot of gold waiting for me at the end of the weight-loss rainbow...because that would motivate me more than anything!

Replies

• Sharon009
    Sharon009 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Hey, is this group still active? I was wondering if anyone has ever had their GERD go away with weight loss. I have been struggling with my weight for over five years now, and there has definitely been some overlap between that and the acid reflux issues. I'm back at the weight loss now, though, and am finally making real progress again. I've given up most dairy and fried foods— and that has helped some—but it's definitely still an issue, especially before I eat in the morning. Right before my TOM it gets horrible as well. I guess I'm just wondering if there is a GERD-free pot of gold waiting for me at the end of the weight-loss rainbow...because that would motivate me more than anything!

It does help but you must continue to stay away from certain foods. I find it's even more imperative once I've lost weight because I'm not eating as much.