Anyone have an Air fryer?

Options
peggyd73
peggyd73 Posts: 906 Member
Have been considering one for a while and lucked into one at thrift store yesterday.

Made chicken wings and zucchini chips last night and was pretty pleased with results.

Would love to hear from other low carbers on good recipes to try!

Replies

• suzqtme
    suzqtme Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I gotta ask...what is an air fryer?
  • motorcyclekopp
    motorcyclekopp Posts: 96 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I have one, but I still haven't used it yet. Bought it about 2 months ago lol.

What kind of oil do you use??
  • peggyd73
    peggyd73 Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Here's some info on the gadget: http://www.powerairfryer.com/

I've heard about them in some of my cooking related fbook groups and seen the occasional informercial.

The concept is that you use continuous air flow to 'fry' the foods w minimal oil. I like the idea of not deep frying -- both because it's less mess and less waste -- and I can get the fat from the foods themselves or an ice sauce (I follow a lchf woe)

After wings last night, I made bacon this morning. OMG -- amazing crispy results w zero mess. Yum!!
  • tinachris14
    tinachris14 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I received one as a Christmas gift. Love it for making chicken wings! I'm told you can make just about anything in it but I haven't really looked into other stuff much. I'd be interested in recipes too.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    I have one that I use for making chicken nuggets. My middle son does not eat a lot of meats, but he loves chicken nuggets. We're gluten free so we can't buy them. I make them with 3-4 breasts cut up and coated with egg and a flour/flax/nutritional yeast mix. I add 1/4c-1/3 c coconut oil and they come out nice.

Its really good for fries, hashbrowns and stirfried veggies.... It's mostly higher carb foods that I use mine for.
  • nvmomketo
    Options
    I received one as a Christmas gift. Love it for making chicken wings! I'm told you can make just about anything in it but I haven't really looked into other stuff much. I'd be interested in recipes too.

I have never done wings in it. How do you do your wings?
  • SIMAKRA
    SIMAKRA Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I love mine. Especially pork turns out brilliant. The crackling is super crisp and the meat soft and moist. Works well with porkbelly as well.
  • DietPrada
    DietPrada Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    When my dad passed away I found his when cleaning out his kitchen, and decided to keep it. It's a phillips one and it's great. I don't put any oil in it, not needed and I've used it to make my OH's chips, meatballs, bacon, all sorts. I'm curious about zucchini fries though, I tried to make them once and they weren't great. Anyone have a decent recipe?
  • tinachris14
    tinachris14 Posts: 93 Member
    Options

I have never done wings in it. How do you do your wings?[/quote]

I buy the frozen wings, let them thaw, rinse and pay dry. I put them in the fryer at 360 for 20ish minutes. Toss them around and let them cook about 10 mins more. Turn out great!
  • RAC56
    RAC56 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    peggyd73 wrote: »
    Here's some info on the gadget: http://www.powerairfryer.com/

After wings last night, I made bacon this morning. OMG -- amazing crispy results w zero mess. Yum!!

What? Yummy bacon with ZERO MESS? I'm going to have to check this link out. I love bacon but hate the mess. Thanks. :)
  • XavierNusum
    XavierNusum Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    We have one and absolutely love it!!! We air fry just about everything!!
  • nvmomketo
    Options

I have never done wings in it. How do you do your wings?

I buy the frozen wings, let them thaw, rinse and pay dry. I put them in the fryer at 360 for 20ish minutes. Toss them around and let them cook about 10 mins more. Turn out great! [/quote]

That's it!? Sounds too easy. Thanks. :)